“Romance at its best” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Runamocha - CLOSED

Runamocha
Price range: US$6 - US$31
Cuisines: European, British, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A multi-purpose restaurant and venue, Runamocha's concept is different from any other place in town. Playing host to a whole range of afternoon tea's from the hugely popular 'Mad Hatters' Afternoon Tea to the legendary (and great fun) Sex and the City Party, this popular local bistro on Harrogate's Cheltenham Crescent in the town centre is a magnet for locals of an evening who love to gather round with good friends, and indulge in the fabulous 32 day aged signature range steak menu, sourced from an award winning local farm. Enjoy from a 6oz rump to a Chateaubriand. If steak is not your thing then no worries the freshly cooked A La Carte menu is large and varied, catering for every palette. Runamocha's Sunday lunch being served from 12.00pm till 4.00pm has a huge fan Base and is widely regarded as the best Sunday lunch in Harrogate..! Needless to say it is very popular and booking is highly recommended.
Morecambe, United Kingdom
“Romance at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

We visited this restaurant twice within three days because of the first experience. We had walked into Harrogate in our day clothes just to see the town and what it had to offer, when we came across Runamocha, the menu outside was to my husbands taste, (a little fussy with his food)
We decided to have the lunch menu, even though it was 16:45, there was no issue made about this and we were treated wonderfully by the gentleman who served us. He was warm, welcoming and made us feel at ease, when asked he supported me in getting the right wine that suited me and the meal. The music was lovely, it was background music, but to our taste and not over bearing in volume. My husband who had had a couple of drinks decided as the restaurant was quiet to ask for a dance, we had a brief cha cha char, lovely :} The whole evening was a delightful experience.
On the second visit the food was just as good, however the man who was taking the order was not as skilled in social etiquette, and we were left feeling a little uncomfortable because we had not ordered a started, nor side dishes with the main course. Getting the wine right, the same I had had two evenings earlier left me at the point where I had wanted to walk out. The meal was lovely but the atmosphere was a little tense because of the way that we were spoken to. we would still recommend that if you are in the area that you give this restaurant a visit.

“Anniversary dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Me and the girlfriend went alone for our anniversary dinner. The staff where so welcoming our waiter was a great help and knew the menu very well. The decoration of the restaurant in my opinion was amazing. Unique and interesting yet very elegant. The food was amazing. Starters where small but alone side the main meal the portions where perfect. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. We will be going back for sure!!! When we was leaving the manger seen us to the door and thanked us for coming. Very nice bloke. I just want to say a massive thank you for making our special day more special. See you soon.

Colchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, lovely atmosphere, excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

Thoroughly recommend Runamocha. We went after travelling for hours on the A1 up to Harrogate and had a lovely evening at Runamocha. Background music great. Every course was beautifully presented and tasted great. Will definitely go again if in Harrogate - thanks!

Leeds, United Kingdom
“This has to be my favourite restaurant in Harrogate!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

I'm now considered a 'regular' visitor. Whenever I visit Harrogate, I try and pay a visit to Runamocha. This time, my husband and I took a girlfriend and her 4 year old twins for the Mad Hatters Tea Party and it was amazing! The children, just loved the rolled up sandwiches, chocolate mouse pots with pop-in-the-mouth crunch topping! The crockery, and 'eat me' 'drink me' stickers on the food and drink was the source of much conversation with the children. The service was, as always, superb. I just can't get enough of this place!

Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Mad Hatters Tea Party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic and great value for money. Excellent service from the young man. The attention to detail was amazing. Would highly recommend!