“Hidden Gem - Great food, service and ambiance”
Review of The Food and Wine Place - CLOSED

The Food and Wine Place
Price range: US$14 - US$42
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A stylish, contemporary wine bar restaurant in central Harrogate (just opposite Waitrose car park exit). Modern British A La Carte evening menu with wine by the glass pairings, extensive wine list, English Sparkling Wine, selection of bottled Yorkshire Ales and Cider, even a local Pilsner! Kids menu (child friendly facilities including high-chairs and baby-changing) and activity bags. Above all, relaxed, comfortable, on your terms.
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Came here with my girlfriend the other night and had a really excellent experience. The staff were friendly and courteous and seemed genuinely bothered about how your evening with them went. I found the atmosphere and decor really to my liking; modern and chic with a mellow ambiance. The food was very well prepared and I really liked the idea of suggesting a perfect glass of wine to compliment each dish, for starters, mains and desserts!

Overall, would definitely recommend as one of the best new restaurants in Harrogate. Full marks for the food and service and not expensive either for what you get. I think the only downside for the restaurant is it is a little tucked away and so may suffer from being outside the main restaurant area of Harrogate. Although if they keep performing like they did for me the other night I'm sure word of mouth will soon get everyone talking about it. In fact, I liked it so much I'm taking a friend there for the experience!

1  Thank Mike S

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Found restaurant by chance with my wife after noticing its prominent canopy. Went in if coffee. Being a bit of a coffee "geek" I can be very critical. Would give this 10 out of 10. Great taste, obviously used good and fresh beans and temp perfect. Returned for lunch we were that impressed. I had game pie which was delicious. This being fish Friday, my wife had fish and chips. Again very good. This place was a good find and we will return for an evening meal (and wine!) and maybe a lazy Sunday breakfast which starts from the 13th April.

1  Thank T J
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I am a steak and red wine man. The steak was cooked rare with no blood and cooked to perfection and the home made chips were delicious too. Good béarnaise sauce. Great idea to give tips on wine matched with food dishes. Enjoyed the merlot reserve and proper red wine glasses, excellent. Deserts were scrummy too. Service was friendly and efficient. Will go again.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Really impressed with the Food & Wine Place - living up to its name. Quality of the food was excellent, as was the presentation and service.Great idea to have every food item paired with either a wine or beer, enabling you to try different varieties you may not have thought of trying before.Nice atmosphere and decor. Will certainly be going back.

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Friendly reception is always a good start with some good advice on wine choice.

Food was nicely cooked and presented. Not very busy when we called in so atmosphere difficult to judge.

Prices about right for location and quality and we would go back.