“Great staff and location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of White Hart Hotel

White Hart Hotel
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Harrogate
East Yorkshire
“Great staff and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

MY wife and I stayed at the White Hart on the 10th of August the room was fine and had great view of Harrogate.
We ate in the Fat badger for lunch which was good and had drinks there later in the evening which was very vibrant,The outside patio heater where very welcoming the staff where very helpful and efficient.
It has plenty of parking and is well located for exploring Harrogate.
I will definitely visit again.
Ian the general manager was especially helpful.

Room Tip: Parking entrance is next to the Fat Badger pub, if you miss it you can caught in the one way loop!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Louisa-Jane B, Manager at White Hart Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you enjoyed in particular the Fat Badger.

I am pleased that you found the staff to be efficient and helpful the corner stone I believe to any good stay. I look forward to seeing you back in the near future and I am pleased you found myself to be especially helpful during your stay with us.

Ian and the team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
Durham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

I Think that the price we paid for the room with breakfast was outstanding value. Read some of the reviews after i had booked this hotel and it goes to show its really what you make of it. My partner and i had a lovely time in Harrogate and were very pleased with booking this hotel. The decor was very tastefully done and the staff were spot on. Cheaper than premiere Inn and loads more charm with breakfast thrown in.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit to the hotel.

I am especially pleased you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Seaham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Just back from an overnight stay at the White Hart Hotel.

We travelled with our one year old daughter and usually stay in a serviced apartment when we visit Harrogate.

On our last trip, we were very impressed with the hotels location after visiting the Fat Badger pub on our way back to the apartment. Having found there was a suite available on our date of travel, I decided to book into this hotel for one night.

Fair enough, the last minute tariff for the room was only £75 including breakfast, but the "suite" turned out to be, in our opinion, nothing more than a normal sized room which was very tired and in need of some TLC.

On arrival, we were impressed with the entrance hall and reception area, however it all went downhill from there!

We got to our room, number 212, having emailed AND telephoned in advance to organise a cot and cot linen, only to find there was no cot in the room.

In every other suite I have stayed in, it was a room with a bedroom and separate seating area, which was exactly what we required.

We walked into the room to find a mirror and wardrobe on the left hand side, and the door to the bathroom on the right. Then a four poster bed filled the rest of the room, with a small desk, and one chair in front of the window. How did this constitute being a "SUITE"!

The decor was very tired, with holes in the Walls and cracks in the ceiling. The bathroom wasn't big enough to swing a cat in, and the bath wasn't as big as our kitchen sink.

Disappointed was an understatement!!!!

I immediately went to reception to organise my daughter a cot, and to attempt to be moved to a bigger room, only to be told the hotel was presently full.

When the cot was delivered to the room, there was a folded sheet to cover the base, but no sheet or blanket to cover my child. Luckily I had a spare blanket in the car.

On departing, the receptionist didn't even have the courtesy to ask if we had enjoyed our stay - maybe she saw the looks on our face and decided against it!

In our opinion, this was a blatant misrepresentation of a "SUITE" and room 212 should not be described as this. Unless of course, room 212 was not indeed a suite, but actually a normal room, with no suites actually available at the time.

Anyway, we don't really care anymore, as we definitely won't be back!!!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Harrogate hotels

Ballingry, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Stayed here for one night on august 2nd. Appearance of hotel was nice, reception staff were helpful and family room was decent . Bed was comfy, towels were fresh and clean and enjoyed our stay. 2 very minor points to report. Room was on top floor and was very warm, we had to sleep with window open as far as it would go and had to use a mirror to keep it wedged open. Then had to endure various street noise throughout the night but we were so tired we had no problem falling asleep each time. We went for breakfast and the food and choice of food was excellent apart from the milk being off which was quickly replaced. We found the minor faults werent going to detract from our stay and would like to thank all the staff at the hotel for great service

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Louisa-Jane B, Manager at White Hart Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Delighted to read your recent review and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Stowmarket, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

I stayed here for one night while at a conference in Harrogate - I picked it because it was the cheapest hotel on the list we were given.

I should have gone for the next one up the list - my room was a reasonable size, but very shabby. There were extension leads all over the place, and the bathroom was very shabby. The Molton Brown toiletries were a lovely (but incongruous) touch.

I also complained to the front desk, as at some point during the night (between 10pm and 5am, not entirely sure) someone was rolling kegs from the bar to the bins, and emptying the empty bottles into the recycling. EPIC racket.

My single bed was extremely hard and tipped about 5 degrees to one side.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review on trip advisor. Naturally I was disappointed to read your comments and will of course investigate barrels being moved about late at night.

I accept your comments regarding your room and am pleased to state that we our about to begin a refurbishment program for the bedrooms. However I understand that this does not help you and would ask that if you our in the Harrogate area again, contact me directly and I will make the arrangements for your stay personally.

I do hope to welcome you back to the White Hart in the near future, and would like the opportunity to restore a little faith.

Ian and the Team
East Sussex
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

I am not familiar with the town of Harrogate and chose this hotel because of its central location for a one night stopover. So did many others visiting a trade fair that weekend. As far the room goes, it was ok. We did not dine in the hotel restaurant/pub (the Fat Badger?) but it seemed to attract a large crowd. We met up with friends in the bar for a pre-dinner drink and almost left without as the service was very slow. Cannot comment on price as others met the bill.

Breakfast the following morning around 9.00 was very limited. The buffet tables were messy and had not been replenished thus no fresh fruit or bakery, very basic cereals and poor quality fruit juices. Cooked to order eggs/smoked salmon were ok - just.
I commented on the poor breakfast to reception when checking out and was asked if I wanted to speak with the kitchen. I declined as had to get on with my day. Receptionist commented that the hotel was very busy with a trade fair but that to me is not acceptable.

Would stay again because of location but would opt out of breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review naturally I am disappointed that we scored some 'own goals' in regards to breakfast. I will of course use your comments as a training tool to improve service moving forward.

Although I cannot turn back the clock back, when you next wish to stay with us contact me directly and I will personally make your reservation for you.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

My Sister, Mum and I visited the tea rooms in July as a surprise for my Mum's 65th Birthday. I reserved the table on line as it was suggested by the staff that it could be quite busy and to be on the safe side it was better to book. I must say that the staff were very good at responding to emails.
On arrival, we used the wash rooms which were very clean. We were shown to our table, we had made an 11.30am booking. The table was nicely laid out and clean but we were the only ones in the room! We ordered the WHITE HART TRADITIONAL AFTERNOON TEA which consisted of a selection of finger sandwiches, homemade fruit scones, clotted cream & preserves, a selection of cakes & patisserie for £14.95 per person. I think that this was a bit pricey for what arrived. The sandwiches consisted of 3 small finger sandwiches- egg, ham and pickle and smoked salmon. The cakes were quite nice, one pistachio, one lemon with lemon buttercream topping, one strawberry mousse, one chocolate mousse. The best thing about the tea was the fruit scone, clotted cream and jam. The scone was lovely and filling. I do have to criticise the tea which arrived lukewarm and even when you topped the pot up with hot water, it didn't really have any impact. I do like piping hot tea!
The waitress was very obliging, offering to take photographs of us all. The tea was nicely laid out and looked very pretty. The only downside was the ambience of the place - only one other group came in during the whole lunch hour, which was a shame.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Louisa-Jane B, Manager at White Hart Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you for your review I am delighted that you have enjoyed most aspects of your afternoon tea with us. I am very sorry that the tea was not hot enough for your liking, I am also disappointed that you felt their was no ambience in the tea rooms.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future and that hopefully we will be busier upon your next visit to us.