“Two Night Shopping Trip”
Review of White Hart Hotel

White Hart Hotel
Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Harrogate
Leek, United Kingdom
“Two Night Shopping Trip”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Found this hotel very good., everything we needed for a two day shopping expedition. Right in the middle of town, very good parking and clean. We must have a room which had recently been refurbished and have only one complaint, that it was over looking a fire escape and extractor fans at the back of the hotel, which I had made a point of saying when I booked that I wanted a front room but as we were with another couple, I did not want to make a fuss. (Their room was similar to ours but not quite as good, they had old dark furniture and said the room was dark). anyway I would stay there again but a better room. Breakfast was very good but only melon as a fresh fruit option, would have been better if there had been fresh fruit salad and natural yougurt. Ate at the hotel both nights, food excellent especially the restaurant menu.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Louisa-Jane B, Manager at White Hart Hotel, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you for your recent review I am delighted you enjoyed the most aspects of the hotel, particularly your restaurant experience on both nights.

Naturally I am disappointed that on this occasion we were unable to comply with your request for a front facing room. We our currently reviewing our breakfast offering and I will of course take your suggestions under consideration.

If you our ever in the area again and need accommodation then please do not hesitate to contact me personally I will make sure that you have a front facing room.

Once again thank you for your review and I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Ian Pilcher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2013

The hotel was in a perfect location. I stayed 2 nights with my mum on a girlie shopping break. Really close to bars, restaurants and the Turkish baths which was fabulous - no taxis needed at all.
Shame that was the only good thing. We were put in a room right at the end of the corridor which was absolutely freezing compared to the rest of the rest. when we complained about this we were told the heating would be put on - god knows what this would be like in winter!
The sink had a huge crack - clearly needs replacing. Our TV didn't work either. We phoned down and reception sent up a maintenance guy straight away. He was great and got a new aerial attached.
The staff at breakfast were awful. A lady called Anna (as told by reception staff - wore a suit/dark hair) took our room number. All tables were dirty and she just watched us walk round trying to find somewhere to sit. There was no help, or just a quick "I'll just get a table cleaned and set for you..." She just ignored us. Once we finally sat down, we were left waiting, not quite sure whether we ordered food or coffee or helped ourselves. Again no information given. When our order was finally taken, the food itself was absolutely outstanding! We were served by Amaan who was great - really smiley and helpful. It was just a shame about the lack of welcome and information. Someone else should really be hosting - someone who actually wants to smile and help guests.
I would stay here again - mainly due to the location and the fact we didnt actully spend much time with the staff as we were exploring the beautiful city of Harrogate.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Firstly let me apologise that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. If you would like to discuss your visit with me in further detail then please do not hesitate to contact me personally at the hotel.

Although I cannot turn back the clock so to speak I hope that we our able to welcome you back in the near future, so we can restore a little faith.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review I look forward to speaking to you in the near future.

Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I was a bit dubious about staying in this hotel after reading such mixed reviews but was very pleasantly surprised on arrival.Great location right in the centre of Harrogate and my room 216 was simply decorated in French shabby chic style which was lovely. The first nights stay was very noisy as there was a private function in the hotel bar so worth checking before booking.I paid £50 per night room only by booking last minute on the hotel web site which was very good value for money but I think their standard rate of £250 per night is wildly ambitious.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, naturally I am delighted you had a great stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

I would also like to take this opportunity to reassure you that our standard room rate is not 250 pounds per night and that we work very hard to be as competitive as possible. For the best deals and rates on our rooms then please give us a call and one of the team will be happy to help.

General manager
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed here for one night to break up the long journey to Scotland. First impressions were good - looks like a lovely little hotel fairly near the centre of town. The rooms are VERY tired and dated though.
One wall in the room was stripped back to the bare plaster (picture still hung in centre) with a huge damp patch on display. There was no air-conditioning or even a fan in the room, which was far too hot. Unfortunately our window faced over a noisy outlet pipe so it wasn't really possible to keep the window open. Furthermore, the bed was quite possibly the MOST uncomfortable I've ever has the misfortune of sleeping in.
A bizarre feature of the room's design was that the television was placed opposite the bed on furniture so it was too low to be seen from the bed due to the obstruction caused by the oversized bed frame!
Positives would be that car parking is readily available behind the hotel (at a cost of £5), breakfast is of a good standard and the price of a night's stay is fairly reasonable.
Has potential but I wouldn't return without a complete refit!

Folkestone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Short break in wonderful Harrogate the white hart is a lovely hotel in prominent position the room is a little small but cosy Our outlook wasn't great at back of hotel but all in all a very good stay and would defiantly book again

Room Tip: Ask for room at front of hotel much better outlook
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thurso, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We booked a one night stay and found the rooms a bit "tired".The decor was not to our taste and the bed not too comfortable.
The restaurant was the best feature with good food and service.
A check-out we were not asked if everything was all right-usually a sign that they get complaints and dont want to hear any more.
Would like to visit Harrogate again but wont stay at this hotel

Room Tip: sorry cant help
Castor,lincs
Reviewed 24 August 2013

we bookes a deal for our wedding anniversary. IT was to include one night stay, afternoon tea on arrival,3 course evening meal and breakfast also chiccies in room. This was for £150 . IT was real goid value for money the afternoon tea was one of best i have had it even included bubbly!! rroom was very very small though which let it down a littl. they have there own pub which wad really noisy so not very relaxing. eveing meal wad om wasnt much i liked so ended up just having a steak sandwich as not much choice. breakfast was delicous. we love harrogate and was set in lovely area. all in all would go back but not first choice.