“Lovely hotel”
Review of White Hart Hotel

White Hart Hotel
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Harrogate
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Just back from an overnight stay in Harrogate with my daughter- very clean room with lovely view of the park- staff all helpful and friendly. Lovely choice at breakfast would recommend this hotel and will stay there again.

Room Tip: We were in 214 overlooking park some traffic noise but no disturbance
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank barbi246
Louisa-Jane B, Manager at White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and I am pleased to see that you found all the staff to be helpful and friendly.

I am pleased to read that you our going to recommend the hotel and stay again, I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for White Hart Hotel

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Just returned from a long weekend at The White Hart.

After a blip, being given the wrong, dark, view of back, very small room, the second one was very good. Room 218, was so much better!! Nice view and light!

We were directly above the function room, so one night the music was very loud, but didnt affect our stay.

Breakfast was very good, with lots of variety to order

Very central to all of Harrogate centre.

Staff were very helpful. On reception, I didnt get their names, but the lady who has an allotment! and the young looking lad (altho he told us he was 30!) were particularly friendly.Well done!

Enjoyable weekend!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank juliekBucks

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, I will pass on your comments to Lee and Charlene as they will be delighted that you found them to be particularly friendly.

It is always pleasing to read that you have enjoyed your stay and found all the staff to be helpful and friendly.

I am glad that we were able to deal with your rooming issue upon check in and that the noise from the function did not disturb you too much.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the White Hart in the near future and once again thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

The White Hart is conveniently placed in the middle of Harrogate near Betty's, the Pump Room and within easy reach of Harlow Carr gardens. Busy bar and pleasant hotel restaurant. Staff helpful and efficient. Rooms on the slightly smallish side and somewhat faded and in need of 'brightening up' in the near future. Good hotel for smallish meetings and conferences

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank smileyric

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

A few of us had afternoon tea at the White Hart on Sunday.
It was very very good. Good quality , nicely presented. Ideal private lounge. Great location.
Well done. The service is a credit to Harrogate.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Robertd231
Louisa-Jane B, Manager at White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your afternoon tea, I am delighted that you had a great time and I have passed your comments on to the staff regarding the food and service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the White Hart in the near future.

Ian Pilcher

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Superb restaurant. Our dinner was amazing apart from our choice of fillet steak was unavailable due to the restaurant running out. Not good at 8.15 on a Saturday evening!
Breakfast buffet was a little disappointing only 2 fruit choices but the smoked salmon & scrambled eggs made up for it.
Room was spacious, clean and thoughtfully furnished/decorated but the bathroom was small with an old shower over the very narrow bath.
Hotel is situated in a lovely part of the town. Easy walk to station (took us 7 minutes)
Loved the atmosphere of The Fat Badger pub but couldn't get a seat pre or after dinner and it took ages to get served at the bar. Think residents should get priority.
Fabulous staff especially girls on reception.

Room Tip: Book room 212
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Louisa-Jane B, Manager at White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

Thank you for your recent review regarding your recent stay with us, I am delighted that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay with us.

I have taken your comments on board regarding breakfast and seating in the badger and will review them in due course. We our in the process of refurbishing our new residents lounge and once this is done it will offer residents another option if they cannot get seating in the badger.

I will pass your comments regarding the staff to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near

Reviewed 2 September 2013

The hotel is under new management and have done an amazing job. It seems most rooms have disabled facilities which for me is great. However they have done away it seems with their formerly chill out area which is a pity. Some rooms still need to be updated but our room was clean, although the view from our room was unfortunately not great. For what we wanted it was fine. Mind the new bar offers a great menu as does the restaurant. Breakfast was also good too. Staff are friendly and helpful. Would I stay here again, certainly as its near Betty tea rooms a must when you visit Harrogate.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Louisa-Jane B, Manager at White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Once again thank you for taking the time to leave a review

Reviewed 1 September 2013

The room we had was very small, and the bathroom was for disabled people even though we are not disabled. We got the room for a cheap price on a late deal website, so it felt a bit like we got the worst room. On the plus side the hotel seemed very nice, especially on the ground floor where there looked like great pub/bar. The best thing was the location being right in the middle of Harrogate. The staff were also very friendly. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Request over the phone
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent review I am pleased that you found the staff to be very friendly and the location to be excellent.

As with any grade listed building, the size of the rooms does vary and I am afraid on this occasion you may have had a slightly smaller bedroom.

I do hope that when you our next in the area you will contact me directly and I will make your bedroom reservation for you personally.

Once again thank you for taking the time to leave a review