“Convenient setting, friendly staff”
Review of White Hart Hotel

White Hart Hotel
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Harrogate
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed in September while visiting Harrogate Autumn Flower Show. Great location for visiting Harrogaet. Room was clean and well presented. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Both breakfast and dinner in restaurant were wonderful.

2  Thank Rustygary
Louisa-Jane B, Guest Relations Manager at White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments I am glad you enjoyed your time in Harrogate.

There are newer reviews for White Hart Hotel

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed here for a night and really couldn't complain for the price I paid. £50 for such a location is a steal if you can get it. Staff were very friendly and it's clean and well-equipped.

On the down side it was very warm in the room for a September Sunday night. And I know you need fire doors, but you can make them silent. The constant slamming of doors could be heard through the night. I would not put you off staying here - but you don't need their breakfast with Betty's so close by! (I'm sure it's lovely but you can't miss that)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

I am so sorry to hear your room was too warm, with it been such an old building it can often be hard to get the temperature right for everybody. However we do have a supply of fans available from Reception to assist with this.

Thank you also for the feedback on the Fire doors I will ensure that we get our Maintenance Manager to double check them to stop them slamming and making too much noise.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed at the beginning of September. Lovely warm welcome, room clean and well catered, restaurant well presented excellent staff and food to dream about. Breakfast excellent too. Nothing too much trouble. Parking on site. Would definitely return to eat the wonderful food in the restaurant and this we presented hotel again

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay especially the Yorkshire Hospitality. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to our Head Chef who will be more than pleased to share this with his team.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Fancied a late break and got a great deal of £50 for room only at the White Hart. Cracking location at the bottom end of town and a two minute walk across the road to the shops and bars, although the Fat Badger in the hotel takes some beating.
Parking at the hotel is £5, rooms are clean and functional (next time I'll ask for a view over the front) and the staff are really friendly. Will definitely go back.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind comments about your recent stay.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thanks

Louisa-Jane

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I have just stayed for two nights at the White Hart Hotel in Harrogate, it is a very relaxed friendly hotel, perfect location, the Valley Gardens just around the corner, up Montpelier Hill is Betty's Tea Rooms, and fab shopping.My room was a little small but fine for me staying alone, it was clean and the bathroom had nice shower products,it had plenty of tea coffee, biscuits .
A good pub in the hotel called the Fat Badger with a good atmosphere
I would of stayed another night but the hotel was fully booked, I would recommend
this hotel to anyone.
I look forward to my next say in the White Hart Hotel.

Mrs Janice Morris.

Room Tip: Ask for a front room over looking Montpelier
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and all that Harrogate has to offer and I am so sorry that we could not accommodate you for an extra night.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Thanks

Louisa

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I usually stay at this hotel twice a year & have always found the hotel staff & service exceptional! It is with much shock & deep regret that after not receiving my usual email confirmation I telephoned to ask for it to be sent before booking flights & was transferred to the "New" person Anna dealing with booking rates etc who explained that the hotel had been badly run before she joined & that no more special rates would be applied!!!!!! (I personally found the hotel to be very busy & ran very well before she joined)
She also went on to mention that I would have to pre book 24 rooms yearly & if the minimums had not been met fines would be put in place!
Its such a disappointment that one member of staff with such an attitude can ruin my whole hotel experience!
We can't thank you enough for everything over the years Ian (General Manager) but unfortunately due to the despicable attitude from Anna we have had to cancel our stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

I am so sorry about the mis understanding and confusion with regards to your booking.
However, I am glad to see that we have managed to resolve this situation to your satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you back to The White Hart.

Regards,

Louisa-Jane

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Just back from an overnight stay in Harrogate with my daughter- very clean room with lovely view of the park- staff all helpful and friendly. Lovely choice at breakfast would recommend this hotel and will stay there again.

Room Tip: We were in 214 overlooking park some traffic noise but no disturbance
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank barbi246
Louisa-Jane B, Manager at White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and I am pleased to see that you found all the staff to be helpful and friendly.

I am pleased to read that you our going to recommend the hotel and stay again, I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards