“A xmas present”

White Hart Hotel
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Harrogate
“A xmas present”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

The hotel has a lovely impressive frontage, reception area, restaurant, very nice staff no complaints on any of these. BUT the bedroom!!!!!! We were on the 3rd floor. Room 304. This had a en-suite for the disabled which there was no reference to this on the booking web site. The room had the central heating pipe going along between top of wall above the bed and a pipe coming down the wall which was warm all night. The corridor outside room was dark. How a disabled person can manage in that room i don't know

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Louisa-Jane B, Guest Relations Manager at White Hart Hotel, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
I am sorry that you were disappointed with your recent stay.

I have taken the liberty of contacting you directly and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
Matlock, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

This was our first night away together since having the children and we were really looking forward to it. We have stayed in most of the hotels in harrogate and I've got to say this was by far the worst. Terrible bedrooms, tiny pokey bathrooms, old weak showers, dirty marks all over the walls, too many things to mention. We asked for an upgrade which wasn't possible. Not once were we asked what the problem with the room was. Very clever having to pay upfront, we would definitely have walked out had we not payed. Needless to say we would never stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your valued feedback.

I have contacted you directly and I do look forward to hearing from you soon.

Travellers are raving about these Harrogate hotels

worksop
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

We had a weekend away and stayed here the hotel was lovely the decor was lovely we stayed in room 216 which was very nice the bathroom is very dated but clean. The staff at the hotel where lovely we would stay again car park was £12 for the 2 nights so really good value

Room Tip: No pool but a gym
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your lovely comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

Arrived at hotel on a cold rainy evening. There was no customer parking but there was a paid for car park at the back of hotel which we parked in st £6 a day. We had a lot of luggage and access into the hotel from the car park was difficult with lots of steps. On first impressions at hotel reception it looks very nice but the rooms are very small with hardly any floor space for cases. We requested a new room and moved which was slightly better. As the hotel is quite old the floorboards were noisy from guests walking around upstairs and outside in the hallway. We went to the bar for a drink but was told we had to leave as they had a beer tasting evening on. We cld have paid to join in but decided to leave and find somewhere else. Rooms look lovely on website but deceiving.

• Stayed January 2014
harrogate
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

I booked this hotel for my sisters 40th birthday celebration, we had enjoyed visiting the turkish baths then had our hair done in Be Ba Bo a hairdressers in the hotel which was a lovely after a lovely meal in the town we came back to our room, it was ok but needs up dating but the beds were comfy. At about midnight the noise started from the room upstairs you could hear every footstep every word spoken and doors banging, then next to us from both sides. a couple were arguing all night and it was awful we would have got more sleep if we picked the beds up and placed them in the centre of the town, we layed awake all night with noise all around us. We reported it to reception and the receptionist responded by saying it was a old building which was a ridiculious thing to say as its the old houses that were bult better its the new builds that have thin walls she did not try to rectify any of our concerns and paying on arrival was a joke and i can ensure if they did not already have my payment they would not have been paid at all. We came away shattered and will never go back here again we are harrogate people and will tell many, my sister is sending an email to the manager so we will see what response we get.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

Went here just before Christmas when the Country Living Fair was on. Harrogate was packed to the rafters that weekend as the Christmas Fair was also on (just outside the hotel) as luck would have it. I rang and asked if they had any rooms. The receptionist said they had single rooms left at I think about £125 per night. My fault, but I thought she meant my Mum and I could share this room. She never said at any point, so that's two rooms at 125 each, and never sent me a confirmation (as she took my email address down wrong). I was so busy at this time, that I only noticed when I came to try and print my booking off that I had never received a confirmation, and it was only then that I realized I would have to pay double. Arrived at the hotel and she said that she was sorry but there was nowhere else in Harrogate to put us. We were shown to our single rooms, nowhere near each other, but on the same floor (something else she failed to mention). I allegedly had an exec room and my mum a standard room (again something else that wasn't mentioned), but you couldn't tell the difference. Both were very basic, and quite small, and yes they charged the same room rate for both types of room that weekend. Decided to stay in the hotel for a meal that night. The menu was very basic pub food, and dare I say a bit on the boring side. The tables for two were quite close together, with the couple next to us virtually sitting with us. There is also a pub belonging to the hotel attached and we could have eaten in there, had it not been Christmas time, as that was packed out too. After our meal we had a few drinks in the bar, which was a bit of an eye opener for my Mum, who hasn't been in a pub for years. We had a really good time in the bar, as the atmosphere was brilliant and kept us entertained all night. Off to bed and slept like a log. The bed was really comfy. Breakfast the next morning was very nice, with quite a good selection. Would I stay again? Probably not. I think I would check out others on TripAdvisor and book earlier next time!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

We returned to the White Hart for the 2 day package over Christmas as we had a wonderful time last year. Unfortunately, we were all unhappy this time( seven of us) as the Christmas Day meal was ruined by bad management. No drinks upon arrival as promised, no wine offered as promised, cold food , hard sprouts (my knife couldn't cut them) and unsmiley waitress. Our room was cramped and it seems to be pot luck if you get a good one. Our friends were in a very cold room but they were moved to a better one.
We will not spend Christmas here again.
I still think the hotel is in a lovely spot and the Badger Bar is really nice and will probably stay again during the year as it is reasonably priced, but would not rely on it for a special occasion.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends