“DISAPPOINTING”

White Hart Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Harrogate
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Booked a night away for my girlfriend on January 25th as a surprise. After going out for a meal we went back to the room (220) and were greeted by the very loud music from the party below. It was that loud you could feel the vibrations from the bass in bed. I complained to reception and was told there's nothing they can do, the music will go on until 12 and there's no more rooms available. I'm 24 years old, don't get me wrong I'm not a party pooper but it was a joke. It wasn't told about this party when I checked in or I would of not bothered. I live at the other end of Bradford, so about 45 minutes drive away. It was that bad I asked for a refund and checked out at 11.30pm and drove home.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Zac198
Louisa-Jane B, Guest Relations Manager at White Hart Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

I sincerely apologise that you were not informed of the party before checking in to the Hotel, this was an oversight on our behalf and has been taken up with the management of the hotel to ensure that the procedures for this are readdressed.

It is unfortunate that we were unable to move you to an alternative room as I can assure that this would have been completed for you if there was one available as the last thing we want is any of our guests to be unhappy.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,727)

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Stayed just for 1 night half board we'll worth every penny lovely clean hotel, staff friendly , food excellent and the service would certainly recommend to stay there as it's close to all amenities and car parking not a problem if ever to go back to Harrogate will certainly stay at this hotel again .

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your lovely comments I can assure you that these have been passed on the staff at the hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel soon,

Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Booked through booking.com...my partner and I had a lovely 2 night break at this hotel,we thoroughly embraced it,from Sunday lunch to dinner on our last night,great value with 50% off if you dine before 7pm,the food was very good,I had pheasant Wellington and my partner had lamb.All of the staff were friendly,helpful and happy,we joined in the pub quiz on the Sunday night,had afternoon tea at Betty's,a little expensive but worth a visit,I had a free make over in a local department store! so all in all a great time in Harrogate.Oh and not forgetting a lovely room with a view,will definatly visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Cavo71

Wow what a great way to spend your time in Harrogate it definitely sounds like you made the most of your time away, from a true Yorkshire Sunday Roast, our famous Fat Badger quiz to a well deserved treat at Bettys.

Keep an eye on our face book page for both the Hotel and The Fat Badger as we often put special offers and upcoming events on there.

We do hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I went with three female friends for afternoon tea. The brasserie was lovely. The staff were very attentive and helpful. We were presented with a layered cake stand each!! The tea consisted of three sandwiches - very fresh and nicely made and generous fillings. However, the cheese and ham ones were a little dry. We each had an ENORMOUS scone with cream and jam. There was a varied selection of very pretty and interesting dessert style cakes. We were supplied with tea and coffee top ups. All in all we had a lovely afternoon - we weren't rushed and it was very relaxing.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea in the Brasserie.
I have passed on your comments to our Head Chef and apologise for the fact that you found the Cheese and Ham sandwiches a little dry. Hopefully this was compensated slightly with the enormous scones and the individual cakes.
We do hope that you will come back soon.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

The hotel has a lovely impressive frontage, reception area, restaurant, very nice staff no complaints on any of these. BUT the bedroom!!!!!! We were on the 3rd floor. Room 304. This had a en-suite for the disabled which there was no reference to this on the booking web site. The room had the central heating pipe going along between top of wall above the bed and a pipe coming down the wall which was warm all night. The corridor outside room was dark. How a disabled person can manage in that room i don't know

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your recent stay.

I have taken the liberty of contacting you directly and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

This was our first night away together since having the children and we were really looking forward to it. We have stayed in most of the hotels in harrogate and I've got to say this was by far the worst. Terrible bedrooms, tiny pokey bathrooms, old weak showers, dirty marks all over the walls, too many things to mention. We asked for an upgrade which wasn't possible. Not once were we asked what the problem with the room was. Very clever having to pay upfront, we would definitely have walked out had we not payed. Needless to say we would never stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your valued feedback.

I have contacted you directly and I do look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We had a weekend away and stayed here the hotel was lovely the decor was lovely we stayed in room 216 which was very nice the bathroom is very dated but clean. The staff at the hotel where lovely we would stay again car park was £12 for the 2 nights so really good value

Room Tip: No pool but a gym