We make an annual pilgrimage to Harrogate and have, for the last 10 years stayed at The Crown. I do not like The Crown and have slated it in previous reviews.
This hotel is better than the Crown - Much, much better.
However, it is an example of the continual cost of trying to keep a very old building up-to-date and keep it maintained.
All public rooms are great. The centre of everything is The Fat Badger pub which attracts many locals and visitors and is always busy but with very efficient and polite bar staff. We spent several hours in there and with the weather being good, the outdoor area was rammed.
I had breakfast on two mornings and it was fresh, tasty and served politely and efficiently.
Now, the negatives:
- Room was large
- Room was dated with poor furniture and peeling woodchip paper
- Bath was too shallow
- Room was insufferably hot
- Bed was two singles pushed together. It was too hard.
- Bed had all electrical sockets behind the pillows (Because it was two singles pushed together) - Dangerous!
- Wifi was out if signal
- Taps on sink were wrongly positioned and too close to the edge
- Numerous fag ends in the gully outside the window.
This is a hotel with potential and with a great asset - A car park!
It just needs a bit more cash spending on it but I do understand why this would be an issue with such an old building!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Harrogate's elegant Montpellier Quarter, this historic hotel offers both bedrooms and serviced apartments and is just a few minutes' walk from Harrogate International Centre. It has an award-winning restaurant and free Wi-Fi. Many rooms overlook The Stray and all benefit from complimentary toiletries by H2K of Harrogate, a flat-screen TV and 24 hour room service. The Fat Badger Grill boasts 2 AA Rosettes and offers an a la carte menu featuring classic British food with a contemporary twist. The Fat Badger Pub serves real ales and modern British pub grub. The majority of bars, restaurants and shops in Harrogate's town centre can all be reached within a five minute walk. Harrogate Rail and Bus stations are both within 10 minutes' walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your White Hart Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Hart Hotel Harrogate, Yorkshire