“'Lovely'” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Harrogate
leeds
“'Lovely'”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

Me & my husband decided to stay here for our early wedding anniversary celebrations, we booked the honeymoon suite which was lovely with a huge 4 poster bed & little luxuries in the bathroom like the molton brown toiletries was a nice touch, however we found the breakfast wasn't anything spectacular ! The portions were very small & if you are a non resident it is £12.95 per head for breakfast which we thought is too much for the quality of the portion you receive. If you stay here we highly recommend the 'fat badger' pub which is part of the hotel, the drinks & lively atmosphere was great, also the staff are very friendly ... Would recommend the hotel but the food could be much better :)

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
North west
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a wedding at the near by rudding park hotel. The price was brilliant for two nights, given it was over bank holiday. We came Sunday through to Tuesday. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The room was fine for what we needed, decorated nicely and it was clean. It had two separate single beds, normally I would of asked to be moved to a double, however, for two nights we didn't feel the need to try and change.
I ordered room service and the food was really good and well delivered. On the night of the wedding we came back , it was 1am, however we wanted a late snack, the room service is advertised at 24/7. My partner commented that the individual sounded as if they had been woken up and we asked for two sandwiches. We were informed there was only ham and cheese, so we accepted this and advised we would have this. We waited and called again. The food eventually came not as described. On departure we spoke with the reception staff in regards to this when settling the bill, they were brilliant and removed all of the sandwiches from the bill (at £7per sandwich) I was impressed by this.
Overall it is a nice hotel right in the heart of harrogate, it is well decorated with good facility's and we got it for a great price. Would go again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

My husband and I returned from this hotel yesterday after staying for 1 night. The room was beautiful and very clean. Also the décor of the hotel was fantastic mostly blacks, silvers, greys and white. Most of all the food was amazing. For our meal on Sunday night I had slow cooked beef on mashed potatoes with bacon, little onions and a red wine gravy, to die for! My husband had burger and fries, but not just any old burger. This was a double burger in a brioche bun with cheese 3 massive onion rings and salad too. This stay cost us £99 through SAGA and we even had a bottle of prosecco thrown in too. Try this hotel and Harrogate is charming too.

Room Tip: We were in room 205 and although we could see other rooms and the roundabout, it was still fairly qu...
Durham, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

We decided to spend our 38th wedding Anniversary at the White Hart Hotel in Harrogate. I have to say the location of the hotel was excellent and the pub attached, The Fat Badger is it's saving grace! Otherwise the rooms are very dated and hot, ( why don't English hotels invest in air con ). The ceiling wallpaper was peeling off in room 305 and we had a 2 to 3 foot wall out side the window so our entire view was that wall! We could open the window to cool the room but couldn't turn off the radiator which was on warm. ( It's August, crazy). The meal we had on the night started well with two excellent starters, but I am afraid the steak I had was of a very poor quality a third of it was fat and gristle which was inedible. The extra £5 surcharge for the steak was removed after I complained. This was so disappointing because I expected better from a AA rosette restaurant, their saving grace was that the steak was cooked correctly its a shame that they don't check the quality of their product before cooking it! The breakfasts were good always freshly cooked to order, maybe we were unlucky with the meal, but we witnessed several complaints about the food that day so I can only speak as I find. The staff were excellent and very friendly and helpful, I felt the hotel was overpriced and in need of refurbishment!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Goergeous room overlooking front of the hotel. Clean & modern decor (although maybe just a little bit too shabby chic?!). The bathroom wasn't as good as the room- in need of decorating & had no window or extractor.
Breakfast was delicious- although service was quite slow. Staff were friendly and helpful.
Good location with parking (although £6 per night which we hadn't seen on the website)
Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Just returned from an overnight stay at The White Hart in Harrogate. Very centrally based, with plenty of onsite parking at the back of the hotel for £6.00 (overnight), and no panic to have to move the car on Sunday. The bar attached to The White Hart = The Fat Badger, seemed permanently busy, and having tried the 2 course meal offer for £10, it was money well spent.

My room was a single, so not a great deal of space, but for a very reasonable rate, providing a clean and comfortable ensuite room (excluding breakfast) I was happy enough....

One little niggle... I believe there was a function at the hotel that evening and some party goers were particularly noisy returning to their room in the early hours - so if I was booking again (and I would) I would ask to be located in a room that was not near the lift. (and not room 211)

Other than that .. recommended :)

Room Tip: Book in advance, and shop around for the special deals. I paid just £40 :). Would book again
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Newcastle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

This is a superb hotel in the heart of Harrogate and within easy reach of the shops, bars and restaurants. The hotel décor is very welcoming and the rooms are very comfortable indeed !!! attached to the hotel is great bar where all the movers and shaker of Harrogate descend upon. Overall a great choice to stay and I will be returning to stay next time I am in town.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business