“Top tapas...!”

Ranked #47 of 440 Restaurants in Harrogate
Price range: US$0 - US$26
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: La Oliva is North-Yorkshire local authentic Spanish tapas bar and restaurant. When dining out in Harrogate whether for lunchtime food, evening meals or just a quick snack. Whether you need a birthday restaurant, couples restaurant or a family restaurant we provide the best traditional Spanish food in Harrogate. Close to all of our ingredients come directly from Spain. Don't miss out the opportunity to try out our authentic spanish food! La Oliva will be pleased to see you soon!!
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Top tapas...!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Friendly and efficient service, very clean and tapas is the best I've had outside of Spain! If not better! The dishes are extremely well and taste fantastic! Four of us agreed just to have two or three dishes each, ended up choosing four each as we wanted everything. The only thing I would say and do next time I go is to order in maybe two or three stages as the dishes came fast so they were kinda cramed on the table! But I can see this will be a great success in Harrogate! Much needed fantastic tapas with great service!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Alfie2010157

Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Muy bien!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Amazing tapas served served with fine dining presentation. Friendly engaging staff and owner all of whom are clearly passionate about every aspect of what they do. Could have sat and ordered more, but wanted to leave ourselves needing to go back (very soon).

1 Thank Matt D
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Totally terrific tapas”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Second visit to this great little restaurant. Helpful knowledgable staff, superb tasting authentic dishes, lovely wine...perfect night out.

1 Thank Alison F
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
“I drove 455km but it was worth it!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My mum and me went from Bournemouth to visit my brother who is living in Harrogate, almost 6 hours driving because we wanted to get there on time to have lunch at La Olive (the close at 2.30 on Sunday). My brother had told us about this restaurant but what we had was much more than we expected. Everything was delicious from patatas bravas to Pate Planet. Calamares with mojo verde are amazing and don't miss the black rice, it's incredible. We had two bottles of white wine, Pedro Pariente, it's simple great. Desserts are amazing too. I should say that this kind of restaurants are not for people who don't care about quality and just want to eat something quickly. Miguel, the chef, and his team in the kitchen, put all their effort on making this delightful food, giving it the time that it requires. Everything is fresh made, nothing frozen or re heated in the micro. So I recommend guests to be patience because food is not served immediately after order it. Jacobo (manager) and Eros (waiter) made us feeling at home providing an excellent service.
If I were living in Harrogate I would go every week to La Oliva.

2 Thank Micaela L
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrific Tapas”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Excellent quality tapas well presented. Cold dishes for sharing served together but hot dishes for sharing served separately for maximum enjoyment. Owner and waiter friendly and very helpful.
We had reasonably priced white 7 red wines from Spain both excellent and refreshingly different.
Great dining choices - traditional bar area for quick tapas or the restaurant with silver service that raised the bar for tapas into a memorable dining experience.
Our visit was midweek and fairly quiet but with time for owner & wait to interact with diners.
Melting Iberian ham, tasty rabbit, stunning pigs cheeks and delicious morcilla. A talented chef.
A quick return is a must well done to everyone at La Oliva

1 Thank RogerTLeeds