“Lovely, Friendly Bed and Breakfast, excellent location.”
Review of Lamont House

Lamont House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harrogate
Lamont House
Ranked #36 of 98 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 October 2009

I had to come up to Harrogate from London on a business trip at the Confrence centre, and I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Lamont House. The rooms are nice and homely and the Eggs Benedict were a great start to my day!

Lamont House is in the perfect position. It is literally 2 minutes walk from the town centre and is on a residential street, so it was nice and quiet- a nice change from London! I would definitely go back here when I visit Harrogate again. Thanks to Helen and Mike for making my stay as comfortable as possible.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Mbug88
There are newer reviews for Lamont House

Reviewed 19 October 2009

This Guest House was exactly why landladies have a poor reputation., we found our host, uncaring, unfriendly and everything seemed too much of an effort for her. The Guest House itself is dated and dull, ensuites were too small, and in desperate need of refurbishment with wallpaer peeling of f walls and ceilings. Tthe towels were over wahed grey and harsh. The overall facilites were poor. An overpriced experience not to be repeated.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
LamontHG2, Owner at Lamont House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2009

After sleeping on this very disappointing review, I rang the family concerned the next day to express my regret and sadness about their unhappy stay with us.

I said that I wished their dissatisfaction with the accommodation had been pointed out at the time, as I could have possibly changed their room. I did not apologise for my choice of neutral decor, but i did however take note of some of their other comments and have acted accordingly where required.

As for the very personal comments about myself, I am sorry we did not have a better rapport in the short time we met. After 30 years in the hospitality trade I do still always try to 'go that bit further' for our guests.

Reviewed 10 October 2009

The Lamont house B&B is ideally located within a few minutes walk of Harrogate town centre, there is parking on the road outside that requires a disc (which the owners Mike and Helen have a good supply of)
The owners are very friendly and helpful, the rooms are comfortable with everything you require supplied.

The breakfast is of a very good quality and there is a good choice.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2009

I stayed at Lamont House with a couple of colleagues while attending a conference in Harrowgate. The location is excellent, down a quiet residential street, but just 10 minutes walk from the station and the conference centre, the rooms were spotless and Helen and Mike's hospitality second to none. We enjoyed a warm welcome and some excellent dinner recommendations.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2009

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Lamont House, Helen couldnt have been more accommodating, welcoming or helpful and I would certainly return to this lovely guesthouse on another visit to the beautiful spa town of Harrowgate. We enjoyed delicious English breakfasts, comfortable beds in spacious rooms,, a great location and wonderful Yorkshire hospitality from a woman who obviously takes great pride in her establishment and so she should. She made our time in Yorkshire an absolute pleasure and was always available for advice, assistance or a smile. Many thanks to her and wishing her all the best from a guest who appreciates all the little things she did that make an establishmnet such as this, a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2009

I booked 3 nights at this B&B for myself and a work colleague. We were attending a conference in Harrogate. Helen and Mike were charming hosts always there to help and give information. I booked the place after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor which usually doesn't fail. The house is on a quite street just minutes from Harrogate center and the conference center is only 10 -15 minutes away.

The room was on the bottom floor with a nice view of the garden. It was very clean. The bathroom is a bit small and the shower was somewhat cramped but that wasn't to much of a problem as I wasn't expecting a 5 start hotel .Tea and biscuits are always available in the room. Breakfast is typical English. excellent tea and toast and for those who are into grills these are also quite good.

If you are in Harrogate don't miss the Turkish Baths, a wonderful way to relax after a long day.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 January 2009

My wife and I decided to have a long weekend in Harrogate, a town I knew well in my student days. We did not book anywhere to stay but wanted to stay as near the city centre as possible. We found Lamont House whilst driving around the town centre. The owners, Mike & Helen Ash, were really friendly and helpful and recommended a number of excellent bars and restaurants.
The rooms were excellent and breakfast was expertly cooked.
Lamont House is so close to the town centre you can walk everywhere, we parked the car on Friday night and did not use it again until Sunday, no worries about having another beer!!!
A really great find and we will definitely be going back.

Stayed: December 2008