“Would not stop here again”
Review of Lamont House

Lamont House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harrogate
Lamont House
Ranked #38 of 100 Harrogate B&B and Inns
uk
“Would not stop here again”
Reviewed 29 October 2009

We had the miss fortune to stay at this guesthouse. If you have poor eye site you will need your glasses as you will not be able to see the TV in your room as it is so small.

We did not have ensuite in our room and had to go down the corridor to get to the bath room if you could get in as other guests decided they would use it as well, no lock on the door so it opened to every one, it was so small you put your arms out and you could reach both sides of the room. The shower cubicle you had to open the shower door to wash your feet it was so small.

The bed should have been sent to the tip it was so lumpy.

Breakfast was a good choice, but if you don’t order toast with your breakfast i.e. scrambled eggs you don’t get any and if every one came down for breakfast at the same time you would not get in 5 bedrooms 4 tables in dinning room.

One positive it is clean.

Also full amount of money taken off your card when you book.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
LamontHG2, Owner at Lamont House, responded to this review, 5 November 2009
I cannot contact 'SkinnyDippers' personally, as I can only guess their identity. I am sorry that they did not mention their unhappiness on departure or earlier.

New TVs are certainly on our 'to do' list, although when making our selection we will be very mindful that we are a guest house and not a cinema. Unfortunately, creating larger shower rooms is not possible, that is one of the disadvantages of owning a Victorian property where en-suite and shower rooms have had to be created.

I cannot understand the comment about the lock on the shower room door, there is a lock - and it DOES work. All of our other rooms are en-suite and I may have had one of these available had our guests checked. Although obviously at peak times, e.g. Great Yorkshire Show, Bank Holidays etc, this may not be possible.

Full payment is only ever taken from a card if a) I am advised to do this by a customer on booking the accommodation or b) they book very late, i.e within hours of staying and we feel maybe they won't turn up! We do appreciate that some of our guests may wish to pay using other methods or a different card.

The comment about lack of toast at breakfast I do find bizarre. Wholemeal and white toast is served with or without a cooked breakfast and our guests are always offered second helpings. Even in a recession toast is still a commodity we can afford to be generous with!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
UK
Reviewed 23 October 2009

Mike and Helen were wonderful hosts, the house was warm and clean, managing to provide plenty of space without losing its cosy atmosphere. The breakfast provided was delicious and the perfect start to each day in Harrogate.

I'd definitely recommend lamont house to anyone considering a visit to the area and my friends and I will certainly be back.

Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2009

I had to come up to Harrogate from London on a business trip at the Confrence centre, and I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Lamont House. The rooms are nice and homely and the Eggs Benedict were a great start to my day!

Lamont House is in the perfect position. It is literally 2 minutes walk from the town centre and is on a residential street, so it was nice and quiet- a nice change from London! I would definitely go back here when I visit Harrogate again. Thanks to Helen and Mike for making my stay as comfortable as possible.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Mbug88
West Midlands
Reviewed 19 October 2009

This Guest House was exactly why landladies have a poor reputation., we found our host, uncaring, unfriendly and everything seemed too much of an effort for her. The Guest House itself is dated and dull, ensuites were too small, and in desperate need of refurbishment with wallpaer peeling of f walls and ceilings. Tthe towels were over wahed grey and harsh. The overall facilites were poor. An overpriced experience not to be repeated.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
LamontHG2, Owner at Lamont House, responded to this review, 5 November 2009
After sleeping on this very disappointing review, I rang the family concerned the next day to express my regret and sadness about their unhappy stay with us.

I said that I wished their dissatisfaction with the accommodation had been pointed out at the time, as I could have possibly changed their room. I did not apologise for my choice of neutral decor, but i did however take note of some of their other comments and have acted accordingly where required.

As for the very personal comments about myself, I am sorry we did not have a better rapport in the short time we met. After 30 years in the hospitality trade I do still always try to 'go that bit further' for our guests.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2009

The Lamont house B&B is ideally located within a few minutes walk of Harrogate town centre, there is parking on the road outside that requires a disc (which the owners Mike and Helen have a good supply of)
The owners are very friendly and helpful, the rooms are comfortable with everything you require supplied.

The breakfast is of a very good quality and there is a good choice.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
London, UK
Reviewed 8 October 2009

I stayed at Lamont House with a couple of colleagues while attending a conference in Harrowgate. The location is excellent, down a quiet residential street, but just 10 minutes walk from the station and the conference centre, the rooms were spotless and Helen and Mike's hospitality second to none. We enjoyed a warm welcome and some excellent dinner recommendations.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Umbria
Reviewed 11 June 2009

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Lamont House, Helen couldnt have been more accommodating, welcoming or helpful and I would certainly return to this lovely guesthouse on another visit to the beautiful spa town of Harrowgate. We enjoyed delicious English breakfasts, comfortable beds in spacious rooms,, a great location and wonderful Yorkshire hospitality from a woman who obviously takes great pride in her establishment and so she should. She made our time in Yorkshire an absolute pleasure and was always available for advice, assistance or a smile. Many thanks to her and wishing her all the best from a guest who appreciates all the little things she did that make an establishmnet such as this, a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends