“lamont house.....service with a smile!”
Review of Lamont House

Lamont House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harrogate
Lamont House
Ranked #38 of 100 Harrogate B&B and Inns
manchester
“lamont house.....service with a smile!”
Reviewed 26 February 2010

I recently spent 2 enjoyable nights at Lamont House. Mike and Helen were both friendly and helpful hosts. My room was very clean and modern, as was the dining room and the entire accomodation was tastefully appointed. The breakfast was faultless and I would have no qualms in returning in the future.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank happywanderer456

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
TAUNTON
Reviewed 23 February 2010

We came to Harrogate for a few days owing to a family funeral. We were very pleased with our accommodation, our hosts, the cleanliness, our food and the friendliness of our hosts Mike and Helen. We wouldn't hesitate in booking Lamont House again. Thank you for making our sad occasion more pleasant.
Melodie New and Terry Quinlan

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 13HOLIDAY13
portugal
Reviewed 9 November 2009

We arrived to a very warm welcome from the owner Helen, who showed us to our room, which was lovely, big double bed (very comfy), en-suite and tea/coffee & biccies, she recomended places to eat and drink which we went to and they were all fantastic. The choice for breakfast was wonderful, cereals, fruit juices, fruit, toast, full english or any combination you fancied, smoked haddock, eggs benedict and they even got some crumpets for me, all served with coffee or tea.
Parking was never a problem as the owners give you a parking pass to use and as it is so central you can walk into town in 2 mins, train and bus stations are in the centre of town so Lamont House is a perfect base for exploring Yorkshire.
Helen and Mike made our stay there so relaxing, they can even lend you an umbrella which you will probably need, an excellent Bed & Breakfast, highly recomended, Thank you both.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank petalrose_8
uk
Reviewed 29 October 2009

We had the miss fortune to stay at this guesthouse. If you have poor eye site you will need your glasses as you will not be able to see the TV in your room as it is so small.

We did not have ensuite in our room and had to go down the corridor to get to the bath room if you could get in as other guests decided they would use it as well, no lock on the door so it opened to every one, it was so small you put your arms out and you could reach both sides of the room. The shower cubicle you had to open the shower door to wash your feet it was so small.

The bed should have been sent to the tip it was so lumpy.

Breakfast was a good choice, but if you don’t order toast with your breakfast i.e. scrambled eggs you don’t get any and if every one came down for breakfast at the same time you would not get in 5 bedrooms 4 tables in dinning room.

One positive it is clean.

Also full amount of money taken off your card when you book.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
LamontHG2, Owner at Lamont House, responded to this review, 5 November 2009
I cannot contact 'SkinnyDippers' personally, as I can only guess their identity. I am sorry that they did not mention their unhappiness on departure or earlier.

New TVs are certainly on our 'to do' list, although when making our selection we will be very mindful that we are a guest house and not a cinema. Unfortunately, creating larger shower rooms is not possible, that is one of the disadvantages of owning a Victorian property where en-suite and shower rooms have had to be created.

I cannot understand the comment about the lock on the shower room door, there is a lock - and it DOES work. All of our other rooms are en-suite and I may have had one of these available had our guests checked. Although obviously at peak times, e.g. Great Yorkshire Show, Bank Holidays etc, this may not be possible.

Full payment is only ever taken from a card if a) I am advised to do this by a customer on booking the accommodation or b) they book very late, i.e within hours of staying and we feel maybe they won't turn up! We do appreciate that some of our guests may wish to pay using other methods or a different card.

The comment about lack of toast at breakfast I do find bizarre. Wholemeal and white toast is served with or without a cooked breakfast and our guests are always offered second helpings. Even in a recession toast is still a commodity we can afford to be generous with!!
UK
Reviewed 23 October 2009

Mike and Helen were wonderful hosts, the house was warm and clean, managing to provide plenty of space without losing its cosy atmosphere. The breakfast provided was delicious and the perfect start to each day in Harrogate.

I'd definitely recommend lamont house to anyone considering a visit to the area and my friends and I will certainly be back.

Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2009

I had to come up to Harrogate from London on a business trip at the Confrence centre, and I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Lamont House. The rooms are nice and homely and the Eggs Benedict were a great start to my day!

Lamont House is in the perfect position. It is literally 2 minutes walk from the town centre and is on a residential street, so it was nice and quiet- a nice change from London! I would definitely go back here when I visit Harrogate again. Thanks to Helen and Mike for making my stay as comfortable as possible.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Mbug88
West Midlands
Reviewed 19 October 2009

This Guest House was exactly why landladies have a poor reputation., we found our host, uncaring, unfriendly and everything seemed too much of an effort for her. The Guest House itself is dated and dull, ensuites were too small, and in desperate need of refurbishment with wallpaer peeling of f walls and ceilings. Tthe towels were over wahed grey and harsh. The overall facilites were poor. An overpriced experience not to be repeated.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
LamontHG2, Owner at Lamont House, responded to this review, 5 November 2009
After sleeping on this very disappointing review, I rang the family concerned the next day to express my regret and sadness about their unhappy stay with us.

I said that I wished their dissatisfaction with the accommodation had been pointed out at the time, as I could have possibly changed their room. I did not apologise for my choice of neutral decor, but i did however take note of some of their other comments and have acted accordingly where required.

As for the very personal comments about myself, I am sorry we did not have a better rapport in the short time we met. After 30 years in the hospitality trade I do still always try to 'go that bit further' for our guests.