“Would definately recommend”

and 1 more site!
Ash Grove Guest House
Ranked #28 of 83 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We booked into the Ash Grove at short notice after being let down by a local hotel at the last min.

The rooms was clean and functional.
The breakfast was great.
And the hosts were excellent and very accommodating.

Perfect location for HIC too.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank KPCV

Reviewed 17 October 2013

My husband and I have stayed at Ash Grove on several occasions, It is clean and comfortable and the owners are very welcoming, helpful and friendly. The only time we eat a cooked breakfast is when we are away from home and we are never disappointed! The house is in a great situation for all the shops and theatres in Harrogate and we will certainly visit again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

We booked last minute and we were very pleased with value for money. Our room was at the front of the house - very nice wallpaper, furniture, comfy bed etc. My only slight disappointment was looking up at a stained ceiling. The bathroom was clearly in need of replacement (broken mirror, rusty fittings, mouldy grout) but it was as clean as it was ever going to get. I expect that the bathroom is next on the list for a bit of attention. Despite these slight niggles, Ash Grove comes highly recommended if not for the breakfast alone.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Everyone about Ash Grove was amazing. The room was immaculate, the food delicious but the thing that stood out the most was the hospitality. Tabs & her husband were the best Hosts we could have asked for. Their generosity, kindness, helpful & friendly nature was second to none, nothing was too much trouble & they really made our stay worthwhile. Just a stones throw away from the centre, Ash Grove was close enough to everything but far away enough for a peaceful & comfortable trip to Harrogate. We will definitely try & book with Ash Grove when we return next time.

Room Tip: We selected a Large Double & were not disappointed. It was perfect for what we were looking for...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Myself and my wife stayed in the Ash Grove Guest house for one night to attend a wedding party and got our selves lost walking from the station (google maps). Phoned the guest house and the owner was a great help to get us there, she waited outside for us to arrive. Our overall stay was great for what we needed. The guest house is brilliantly situated and in lovely condition. The breakfast in the morning was lovely. We would recommend the Ash Grove Guest house to anyone visiting Harrogate . Staff are very friendly.Scott and Karen Purvis

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 845SCOTTYP12
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I booked this b&b on my friend's behalf who came all the way from China to attend a trade show. I dealt with the hostess on the phone once, she sounded extremely rude on the phone:

I had a phone call from her claiming that my credit card didn't go though when I booked online and asked me to pay her over the phone, I was in a noisy public place looking after two children then, so I asked if I could ring her back an hour later to do the transaction, she was uncompromising and insisted me to pay there and then and said" if you don't pay me now, I will have to ask your friend to leave the room". I was quite shocked by her manners.

My friend also had unpleasant experience with her and was not happy with the service:
She asked if she could leave her suitcase there for a few hours after she checked out and was told she has to come back to collect it within an hour.

On the booking terms and condition, it wasn't clear if the breakfast was included, so I assumed it was included, but my friend told me that she had to pay extra for breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Sherylgu
Tabs J, Owner at Ash Grove Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2014

Hi thank you for leaving this review
Prior to you intervening your friend was quite comfortable. She was lovely, I was lovely to her & helpful despite the communication barrier. I explained breakfast & in fact it wasn't even an issue because she said was joining you & the kids for it. With regards to her suitcase, she was leaving it here until the show finished.
It all changed once I spoke to you on the phone regarding the card. My recollection to the telephone conversation was that I'm not going to be about in an hour so if you don't mind I can hold for you to find a quieter spot to give me the details. Yes you were busy with the kids but the guest had booked in, she was in her room & I was on my way out soon. Through the booking site you had booked the payment should have been taken straight away but we prefer to wait to charge the card on the day of arrival. When we use third party booking sites our details are more clear on that than our own booking sites because we have to adhere by them and because we can't always control bookings via third party. To be honest when your card declined I should have got in touch with LR to report it. Then they would have called you for the information. Whereas with our own bookings, we email confirmation of exactly what's booked so either way some one would have called & requested the details
I understand that it may not have been convenient for you when I called. You where working, the kids were there but I can assure you I was far from unhelpful & rude. Kind Regards Tabs

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Myself and my hubby have just returned from a few days break in Harrogate, we booked the Ash Grove with not a lot of notice, all I can say is Tabs who is the owner must be Wonder Woman as I am a coeliac, for the first time ever while staying in top hotels and bed and breakfast Tabs is the only one who as ever gone above and beyond what was required, she went out and bought a whole range of foods for me and even put chocolate in my room a very special touch, we were welcomed at the front door with three smiling faces, the rooms are very nice and clean, with TV with sky TV including movies (we have never had movies) hairdryer and iron ironing board also in the room.
Breakfast well what can I say about that apart from 10/10 the first morning when Tabs hubby cooked and 10/10 when tabs cooked, their daughter also got involved with serving and was very polite and friendly.
I feel like I have known these people forever.
Well done keep up the excellent work, we will be back
Please do not spoil that lovely old house with plastic windows it would be such a shame.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple