“Very Happy Traveller”
Review of Ashbrooke House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harrogate
Ashbrooke House
Ranked #83 of 100 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Very Happy Traveller”
Reviewed 21 April 2011

I was given the name of this hotel after my original booking at another hotel nearby had to be cancelled due to a double-booking. My single room overlooked the road - no problem to me. For a single room it was a good size (I've been in much smaller rooms) and it was comfortable and clean; the food was excellent. There was a wash basin in the room but the bathroom was across the landing. It was for my personal use.
Lorena was very helpful when I asked her about good places to eat out in the evenings. I was surprised that so many eating places were closed on Sunday evening. That evening I ate at Betty's Cafe. Excellentservice and food.
There is a local bus service close to the Hotelbut Valley Gardens is only 2 minutes walk away and it was lovely to walk through here to the town centre each day. And Lorena told me how to get to Harlow Carr RHS Gardens by walking through the Pinewoods in Valley Gardens. Well worth the 45 minute walk.This was my first visit to Harrogate but I would love to visit again later this year, and would not hesitate to stay at the Ashbrooke again.
I found it easy to get around by bus, from the bus station

Room Tip: Lovely Valley Gardens 2 minutes walk away.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank BrummieGrannie

Families
Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
North West England
Reviewed 9 July 2006

We arrived in Harrogate, without having booked any accommodation and stumbled upon Ashbrooke House. Located near Valley Gardens, and a 5 / 10 minute walk from Harrogate town centre, this Victorian townhouse is well situated.

Our room was as the rear of the property, and although not in the latest contempory decor, was clean, comfortable (wonderful beds), and cosy. The hosts provided those little extra touches which make a stay more comfortable.

Breakfast was wonderful, a great choice for a bed and breakfast. We only stayed one night, but I would certainly return.

1 Thank tabitha67