I like to think I offer a fair and balanced view when submitting these reviews. On that basis, I have stayed at the Pine Marten (Innkeeper's Lodge) a few times previously and been more than satisfied. However, on this occasion, the service received was very poor.
I checked in just after 9pm and had a bit of a battle with the lady checking me in over the method of payment. The booking was made via an agency on a bill-back basis but she insisted I pay using my own credit card. I refused and eventually was able to get my key. I then asked what time they stopped serving food, to which she replied in a minute. When I asked what time specifically, she said 9:30, which was 25 minutes away.
I decided not to eat in the hotel, went out and returned at 11pm. The main door was locked with a sign on it saying to ring a number. I did so and the door was opened by the same woman who frostily said I should use the side door. I didn't know there was a side door and there was no mention if this on the sign.
Other than this, the hotel is still a fine place to stay and eat. The building is lovely and the rooms are boutique style and. Comfortably furnished. Nonetheless, after a long journey from Aberdeen, the poor attitude was not appreciated!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether exploring the Yorkshire Dales or visiting Harrogate Conference Centre, where better to stay than at an historic hotel in Harrogate?Tucked just outside town in Beckwith Knowle, this characterful lodge is a listed building that puts you right at the heart of some of England's most beautiful countryside. If you book a room here you can enjoy one of the best food-pubs in the area. Expect fresh, seasonal cooking and wood-fired pizzas complemented by a great wine list.Enjoy the blooms and greenery of RHS Harlow Carr Gardens, tuck into the legendary afternoon teas at Betty's or simply admire the sweeping hills of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Harrogate is also great for shoppers and art lovers, with a bustling town centre and a range of intriguing exhibitions at the Mercer Art Gallery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Harrogate-West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pine Marten (Innkeeper`s Lodge) Hotel Harrogate
- Pine Marten Innkeepers Harrogate
- Innkeeper's Lodge Harrogate-West Yorkshire