Stayed for one night at the Lodge which is a very beautiful building in a good location.
Shown to our room which we were advised was newly decorated. It was quite small but everything you needed was there. Lovely modern room with fabulously decorated bathroom. Lovely comfy bed (a little small).
Intended on using the restaurant that night and was told when we checked in its opening times. Headed down around 7pm and was quite abruptly told "You should of booked". If we were told to book when we checked in, we would of!
We were shown to our table and placed our order. A short time later our burnt started arrived with the waiter even pointing out "the chef says if its too burnt hell do you another one". if he knew it was burnt why even serve it?? Not a good start. A new, very tasty starter was however provided.
We couldnt fault our mains which were delicious (burger and pork). We sat and sat and sat and waited for someone to ask us if we wanted another drink or the desert menu. Nothing. Eventually someone provided us with a menu however never came back to ask us if we wanted anything. We missed out on what sounded like a lovely selection of desserts. The problem was it was a Saturday night, busy with staff running all over. Instead of having staff serve a certain area all night so they knew their customers they just didnt seem to know what we were doing. The service really let it down. We did mention this to what I believe was the manager who was very apologetic and did resolve the issue to our satisfaction.
A little warning, if you book b&b check what that is as most of the people we spoke to only got continental. Apparently you pay extra for a hot breakfast.
A lovely little place but unfortunately the dining experience spoilt it for us which was a shame.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether exploring the Yorkshire Dales or visiting Harrogate Conference Centre, where better to stay than at an historic hotel in Harrogate?Tucked just outside town in Beckwith Knowle, this characterful lodge is a listed building that puts you right at the heart of some of England's most beautiful countryside. If you book a room here you can enjoy one of the best food-pubs in the area. Expect fresh, seasonal cooking and wood-fired pizzas complemented by a great wine list.Enjoy the blooms and greenery of RHS Harlow Carr Gardens, tuck into the legendary afternoon teas at Betty's or simply admire the sweeping hills of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Harrogate is also great for shoppers and art lovers, with a bustling town centre and a range of intriguing exhibitions at the Mercer Art Gallery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Harrogate-West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pine Marten (Innkeeper`s Lodge) Hotel Harrogate
- Pine Marten Innkeepers Harrogate
- Innkeeper's Lodge Harrogate-West Yorkshire