Innkeeper's Lodge Harrogate-West
Old Swan Hotel(Harrogate)
  • Bar/Lounge
Imperial Hotel(Harrogate)
View Hotel
All reviewspine martencontinental breakfastrhs harlow carrsofa bedcooked optionsattic roomfull englishjust returned from a night staylovely old buildinglovely mealevening mealroom rateyogurtlovely hotelmain coursetown centremirror
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 January 2008

We stopped here for a weekend break & really liked the place, our room was nice & we enjoyed dinner on both nights. The thing that let it down was the poor breakfast, the food could have been better & they kept running out of things but not enough staff to replenish stock & when we tried to find a member of staff to ask for something, we couldn't find anyone. It did seem badly organised. It is a very nice place though & if they could just sort this out it would be excellent

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank StevieBis
Reviewed 12 September 2007

A well decorated, recently refurbished pub type accommodation. Rooms were good, clean and well appointed.

I was disappointed with the staff, generally a cool attitude which made you feel as though you were disturbing an otherwise quiet night for some of them. No real atmosphere, food OK but tables sticky and breakfast very very basic. Cheap white bread which when toasted tasted like cardboard and I had the last pot of marmalade after quite a search. The breakfast set up gave the impression that they would rather you found it some where else later on!

Won't be staying again.

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank John H
Reviewed 11 August 2007

We booked this hotel as a last minute getaway for my family. We were impressed as we pulled into the carpark, the building is beautiful and the decor inside is very tasteful and comfortable. Friendly staff welcomed us and our room was already made up with a sofa bed for the kids, which was comfortable. The room was spacious even for 4 and 2 large suitcases! We ate in the restaurant twice and the food was lovely. The hotel is in a perfect location for visiting both York and the Dales and all thats in between. We had a lovely time and would definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank familyd
Reviewed 5 July 2007

As usual, I needed a bed for the night whilst travelling between business meetings and seeing the positive reviews on this website, thought I'd give The Pine Marten a go.

This pretty hotel was a welcome sight to this weary traveller, after a lengthy journey north which included substantial detours due to local flooding and further delays due to a motor breakdown (Pesky ignition coils! Thanks to Audi Roadside Assistance for the faster-than-expected fix!).

This small hotel was great. All the benefits of modern facilities with an old world charm. I felt that I had arrived somewhere quite special every time I found myself at each of the hotel's facilities.

The bar was sumptuously furnished, beautifully presented and attended by a friendly team who couldn't do enough to help. My attic room was really charming; lovely original features, together with all the modern conveniences. The restaurant was welcomingly unassuming and presented an excellent menu from which my choices were cooked to perfection and delivered quickly, by another friendly team.

I only wish that I could've stayed at The Pine Marten for longer. In fact I liked it so much that I came back for (a great) lunch after my business meeting the next day!

Stay at The Pine Marten. I can't imagine that you'd be disappointed!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
7  Thank rosssully
Reviewed 7 April 2007

This hotel is absolutely superb. It has recently been redecorated to a very high and modern standard typical of rooms twice the price we paid. We had a meal in the hotels restaurant and it was gorgeous. Lovely breakfast too. Nice surroundings and plenty of room to sit ourside in the summer. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank Pippa_Cra_