Open today: 08:00 - 20:00
Review Highlights
The Best of Yorkshire

My wife and I spent 3 days with Nick in late April 2024. He made the Yorkshire experience come... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Richard T
Three Days in Yorkshire

We had an excellent 3 day private Yorkshire tour with Nick. First, Nick helped us settle on an... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
GlobeTrotting180930

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews tour guide yorkshire dales full day tour york minster thought of everything lake district fantastic tour nick smith knowledge punctual itinerary bronte interests tailor creatures homes
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 July 2023

Our family had an amazing day touring the scenes from All Creatures Great and Small and the Yorkshire Dales! Nick was extremely polite, friendly, great with the whole family, but most importantly extremely knowledgeable. He explained the scenes from the show as well as the Dales landscape and history. He engaged well with the kids as well as my wife and I. We visited York specifically for this experience and were delighted with our choice of guides.

Date of experience: July 2023
1  Thank Mcnaasz
Nick S, Owner at YorTours, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2023

Delighted to host this special day for you all and what an experience we all had too ! I'm really pleased you so enjoyed your family day together and that this was one of the key highlights of your extended vacation across Europe. Thanks again . Nick

Reviewed 17 June 2023

Over the years we have experienced many private tours. This was our first '4-hour walking' tour. Nick Smith is simply the best. Our time with him was well beyond the 4 hours and he would have spent more time had we not needed to go onto other personal business. Nick's knowledge of the area, history and personal stories was so much appreciated.
Nick picked us up at our hotel on time (actually early) and presented us a gift bag of local fare. We then proceeded to discuss what to see and off we went from there. He went beyond by taking us through our tour of York Minster and pointing out so much of the history that we would have missed had we gone on our own.
A one-in-a-million tour guide.

Date of experience: June 2023
1  Thank Craig-T-Coffey
Nick S, Owner at YorTours, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2023

I must say how grateful, excited and delighted to hear of your most detailed feedback on your recent experiences with YorTours. A delight to host you both for our short time together, your interest made it so much easier for me to provide an experience you clearly enjoyed too ! Looking forward to hosting your next visit to England. Thank you. Nick .

Reviewed 23 April 2023

Nick is really something special. We were traveling as a family of 5, with three children under twelve, and they loved him as much as we did! Nick is knowledgeable, kind, thoughtful, and goes above and beyond. He never rushed us, even with the kids, and shared so much information and local perspective. We left him feeling as if we had made a close friend in the Dales, one that we would/will try to see/hire again when we are next in the area! I HIGHLY recommend Nick, as your friendly key to exploring Yorkshire… he was truly exceptional. We had another tour guide later in our trip, in another area of England, and it only highlighted how wonderful Nick was- I can’t say enough!

Date of experience: April 2023
1  Thank Joanna H
Nick S, Owner at YorTours, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2023

I am honestly blown away with your kindness, what a delight to host you all in Yorkshire. Luck played its part too, with the weather and some great luck! Yorkshire welcomes you back with a heart the size of this county itself. Thank you . Nick,

Reviewed 4 April 2023 via mobile

Nick is above and beyond. We’ve done many many tours, Nick called us the evening before to set everything up and make sure we got in alright as we took the train to York the night before, he met us with enthusiasm to drive us in a lovely car with water, tissues, whatever we needed and added some sites and stops in on our way to Thirsk. He was incredibly knowledgeable about Alf Wight (James Herriot) about his life, the books and the TV show and even filming locations. He recommended our hotel- The Grand York which was nothing short of excellent. He recommended some lunch spots and we chatted all through getting to know each other and about his life in Yorkshire. He provided an incredible gift basket tailored to us with a book about the filming of the new All Creatures Great and Small, Yorkshire pudding beer, local chocolates and tea, and some research on James Herriot and the Chocolate history of York along with some prints and postcards of the famous vet. He waited for our train with us and made sure the luggage was stowed. You will get 5 star plus service with Nick who will tailor your tour to your interests! We would love to tour with him again if we are back this side of the pond!

Date of experience: April 2023
Nick S, Owner at YorTours, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2023

Well what can I say ; let me start with a heartfelt "thank you". As a professional & qualified Blue Badge Tourist Guide - this means so much , not just to myself but to our profession too. You made my task to provide you both with a day by being both "interested" plus "interesting" visitors; allowing me to assist in opening the wonderful delights to experience before you. Thank you so much. Nick, Business Founder/Owner YorTours.

Reviewed 12 March 2023 via mobile

I booked a full day tour for myself and partner; to follow the filming sets & locations of the TV series "All Creatures Great & Small " . Wow what a brilliant day we had with Nick of YorTours. He gave us a genuine warm welcome at our hotel in York and "whisked us off" to Thirsk in his fabulous Mercedes . He gave us such a great insight on the way; he knew all the film locations "inside out" and the best places to stop for photos - and anecdotes. I won't tell you more - you just have to go out with Nick for what will be the best day you can imagine. Thanks - you gave us so much .

Date of experience: March 2023
Nick S, Owner at YorTours, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2023

I'm delighted that you both had such an wonderful day, from "Darrowby" as the key film location and many more which you recognised so enthusiastically too ! It really was such a pleasure to host this special day for you both and look forward to your return again to "experience" and "taste / breathe in " Yorkshire .