“Rude service by one waiter!”
Review of Pine Marten

Pine Marten
Ranked #79 of 396 Restaurants in Harrogate
Price range: US$13 - US$20
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: An idyllic retreat set in beautiful country house-style surroundings,The Pine Marten serves a menu of gourmet European recipes. Trained in high-class cookery schools in Spain and Italy, the chefs bring a wealth of experience, and demonstrate knowledge of a breadth of classic and complex cooking techniques. Partnering with Rothschild wine merchants, guests can choose a bottle from the well-stocked cellar.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Firstly the positives, great venue and food.

Secondly, the service wasn’t great, our drinks weren’t cleared from our table, then tried ordering coffees and deserts to be asked for another waiter to place the order as 2 coffees and deserts was more than he could remember.

No problem with this, but after waiting ages for someone to take our order I went inside to get someone, to be met with the rudest waiter who took our order. When I said that we were “trying to order”, he came up with some back handed put down.

The people in our party couldn’t believe how rude he was. I actually think he was the Manager, which makes it worse. To be told by the other members of my party how rude they thought he was, was annoying.

To this point I didn’t leave a tip, which is the first time in years I haven’t done this. Which as everyone else was was nice it didn’t feel very nice.

It annoying that this individual let the rest of the team down.

1  Thank David C
General Manager A, Manager at Pine Marten, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello David C
I'm so awfully sorry and rather disappointed to hear about what happened and would really appreciate the opportunity to come to a resolution for this.
Please may you call and speak with our General Manager on 01423 709999

I await with anticipation for your response.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Charming old country residence, lovely rooms and great restaurant, staff extremely helpful, couldn't fault it and will definitely visit again

1  Thank jwhitney308
General Manager A, Manager at Pine Marten, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello,
Thank you for such a fabulous review of us.
Our team work incredibly hard and will be excited to read such kind words.

Thank you for the support.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

48 people, configured to 6 tables in one large room, our first day on tour. A great opportunity to get to know each other and an amazing dinner! Bangers and mash, fish cakes in the photos.

1  Thank Carol L

Hello Carol
Thank you ever so much for leaving such a wonderful review

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had the deep fried Brie to start then we both had the lunchtime menu of gammon which was most enjoyable my friend she had ice cream as desert a very civilised meal

2  Thank mchawkins1

Hello

Thank you ever so much for such a fantastic Review. The whole team really appreciate your kind words and would love to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,
Victoria & The Pine Marten Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What a lovely pub/restaurant. Sat outside in the sunshine the weekend just gone felt just like being abroad. The restaurant itself is really nice and the food although I did not eat looked incredible! So good in fact that me and my wife have decided to travel here again from Manchester so we can eat here. The staff were great and very friendly and polite. I definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting Harrogate.

2  Thank brookes1712

Hello Brookes,
Wow! What a fabulous review, thank you ever so much! Everybody at The Pine Marten works incredibly hard to deliver a great experience and the whole team will love this wonderful review.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Kind Regards,