“Home from home”

Belmont Guest House
Ranked #65 of 98 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I've stayed in loads of B & Bs around the country and this is one of the best. I've stayed here twice now and will definitely be back! There is ample parking either at the back of the guesthouse or on the road in front, which is a bonus in Harrogate! Mike and Jo are really helpful and knowledgeable about things to see and do in Harrogate. The rooms are spacious and well decorated and, obviously very clean. The breakfast is freshly home cooked and more than enough to set you up for the day!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Harrassedmum04

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Friendly staff.Great room.Excellant breakfast, but could have been better if some music had been playing in the background.Room was well equipped. Your only 5 minutes walk from bars and restaurants.Only stayed one night, but it was an enjoyable one.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Janice M
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

I have just returned from Harrogate and stayed at the Belmonte
It was clean and comfy, the bed was great .
I chose this B and B as it stated a car park, it was a tiny space behind the house, I had to block everyone in and I kept waiting to be told I would have to move the car .
The stay was fine but we won't return

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank Jenny P
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The Belmont is a little gem,I have just returned after 3 days with my two friends and what a wonderful welcome we received.The guest house is spotlessly clean and the breakfast was first class.Jo and Mike were great hosts and nothing was too much trouble.We hope to return and I have no qualms recommending the Belmont and well done to you both for helping to make our stay so memorable.Gill Dowie

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank gilldowie
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We messed up our online reservation and arrived 9:45PM on a Saturday evening to find the owners away on holiday. This was entirely our fault not theirs. (Sorry - my wife has reminded me that this was MY fault). The owners' son opened the door a little surprised to see guests. Despite that he made us welcome, showed us to a very nice room and the next morning prepared a fantastic breakfast. We had a lovely stay. This guest house is perfectly located for a visit to the town, being only a few minutes walk from the shops and restaurants. If Mum's breakfast is as good as her sons, I can highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Decentbloke
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My partner and I have just checked out of this guest house after a one night stay. I have to say that the owners were absolutely wonderful, so friendly and helpful. The guest house is in a great central location. The rooms are more than adequate with everything you would expect to see in a hotel room. We would stay here again

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank StillFindingNemo
Reviewed 21 September 2013

This is how all guest houses should be run. Mike and Jo, owners of The Belmont, were the perfect hosts, friendly, attentive but not to the point of being 'in your face'. We were given excellent treatment when booking by phone and perfect directions too. The Belmont is one of those old stone built houses that ooze character. Our room was perfect, although I was a little concerned that being at the front of the building would be noisy from passing traffic. I need not have worried as once the heavy curtains were drawn the noise was minimal. I live in a very quiet village but had no trouble sleeping. The bed, as was the room, was most comfortable, the en-suite was also spot on. Breakfast was served until a respectable nine o'clock and was was very tasty especially the locally sourced sausages. Wi-fi available too at no extra cost.
The Belmont is perfectly situated too, five mins from the town centre on foot but also only five mins in the car to the outskirts of the town, perfect for exploring the local countryside.
In conclusion, The Belmont is an ideal place to explore Harrogate and the surrounding Yokshire countyside from and offers first class B&B accomodation with the perfect hosts.
I can recommend The Belmont with confidence, in fact I have already done so with friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends