“Superb”

The Wharf House
Ranked #2 of 22 Gloucester B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Went here last nigh for diner and had an amazing meal. It was a bit empty but I can't imagine why. Its a great spot on the river. It has the best food in Gloucester. Lovely people. Great project. What's not to like?

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TomMarshallAndrews
WharfHouse, Manager at The Wharf House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Many thanks for the review and I am so glad to hear that you both enjoyed your meal. We really appreciate your kind words about our restaurant, we all think it is situated in a fantastic location too. Looking forward to having you back and serving you the best food in Gloucester once again!

There are newer reviews for The Wharf House

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We spent one night at the wharf house as a celebration for my husband's birthday. From the moment we arrived we received friendly and attentive service. The room was spacious with lovely views and a luxury feel. The bed was very comfortable and the mini bar was a nice addition. We ate in the restaurant that evening and both thoroughly enjoyed our meal. We would definitely return to the wharf house in future.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Kemp1A
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Extremely relaxing and all I needed. Room had a lovely view over the canal, great spa bath and lovely furnishings. The staff couldn't do enough. A great change from chain hotels. I will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Garylobb
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here on the night of our wedding as our venue did not have accomadation.
When we arrived at the room there was nothing to congratulate us although they were aware that is was our wedding night. We weren't expecting champagne but a card or special decoration costs little. Little gestures go a long way.
The staff did not arrive until after 9am the next day as they said that none of guests had booked breakfast until then. What about other queries other than breakfast?
When we finally received our breakfast it was horrible only just cooked and greasy. When I asked them to cook my bacon so it was crispy the man in a sarcastic Whiney voice said she wants in cooked more. My hudbands bacon was so green that he left it.
We were so disappointed with the nil service we received that I emailed them giving them the opportunity to rectify the situation.
The reply email apologised but there was no sincerity in this email as there was no acceptance of their faults. One example saying that naturally cure ban on has a green tinge to it. I agree a green tinge not very green turning brown!
A very immature and unprofessional response.
I wouldn't stay or eat here again.

• Stayed: June 2014
9  Thank Spiffin
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My Mum, my sister & I went to the Wharf House for the taster menu for our combined Birthdays. As we drove into the carpark you felt like you could of been in the middle of nowhere instead of a stones throw from the main carriageway out of Gloucester. From the moment we walked in the door to the moment we left all of the staff were incredibly friendly & attentive. But the food was just incredible, the beef was some of the best I've ever had. If you are looking for a cheap & cheerful meal I don't think this would be the place but if your looking for a delicious meal in lovely surroundings I would highly recommend the Wharf House.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lucandkag
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed here last Wednesday evening as I had a business meeting in Toddington the following day. What a find, it was lovely we where met by a lovely guy called Mark who could not of been more helpful. The setting is beautiful, and our room was fantastic. We ate in the restaurant, and I can only say WOW the food was amazing, breakfast was equally as good. I can not wait to return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Glynis M
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I was taken here as a Birthday treat by my partner for an intimate evening & champagne dinner. The ambience and the food were excellent and the Staff were friendly. A very enjoyable evening was had. The only thing for us was finding it as its not well signposted.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple