“Excellent place to stay in central Gloucester”

Travelodge Gloucester
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Gloucester
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have stayed here on three occasions. I have found the rooms to be very clean. The beds are very comfortable. With regards food I have only ever eaten the breakfast, which I have found to be very good and of great value. The parking is excellent but make sure you read the instructions on the website prior to your visit. If you are looking for somewhere to stay in the Gloucester area I would strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We stayed here for three nights while travelling around the UK.

Room was clean and presentable. Also quiet despite the traffic outside.

Parking only available in shopping centre car park the hotel is attached to at 6 pounds a night(no advice on website).

However we had booked well in advance at the princely sum of 21 pounds a night so cannot complain too much.

Staff were efficient bit not overly outgoing.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Care at Travelodge Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for your review Robert A, we’re really pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Parking is available 24/7 in the Gloucester Quays Designer Outlet car park and costs £6.00 for 24 hours. We are sorry to learn you were unaware of the parking information before you arrived. We try to ensure all parking information for our hotels are updated on our website, under the ‘parking and facilities’ tab in the hotel overview section.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Arrived out of the pouring rain one afternoon in September after having flown 2000 miles. Went into reception and the receptionist just looked and said nothing. Not "hello" "Welcome" or "What weather..." He just stared. I checked my appearace to make sure I didnt look too weird and all seemed OK. Eventually I broke the silence with a tentative "Hello" and "I booked a room..." He rather reminded me of that character in "Little Britain" who looks at a a computer and says in answer to a query: "The computer says no..." Well It all worked out and I got to my room only to find that there was absolutely no storage space whatsoever. The only shelf was taken up by towels. There was a coat hanging rail and no more.
And now something good about this place: Bed was great, in fact the best I can remember and the night sleep was excellent. Service in the bar was good and the food was OK.
This hotel is good for travellers passing through and not expecting more than a bed for the night. Dont go here to enjoy any kind of hotel experience.

Room Tip: my room on the second floor was good.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Dear mark_davie_2000, we are sorry to learn of your disappointment with the reception you received upon your arrival at the hotel. We do expect our staff to offer a warm and friendly welcome to all of our guests so we are truly sorry that this did not happen during your stay. We will ensure that the hotel are made aware of the feedback that you have left so that staff can be reminded of the importance of proving a quality service to all guests.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Convenient location, clean and with air con...how lovely! Bit confused by directions from car park to the hotel entrance. The breakfast was not worth the cost...cheap sausages, barely cooked bacon, lukewarm scrambled eggs and a toaster that did not toast (I gave up after the 4th attempt).
So would definitely stay at the hotel again, but would not bother with the breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear DevonNat, whilst we are pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us, we are sorry to learn of your disappointment with the food in our bar café. Our bar café staff are trained to prepare food to a great standard so it is regrettable that the service fell below the standards we would expect. We’ll be sure to pass on your comments to the Hotel Management team so this can be addressed.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Centrally located by the remodeled Gloucester Docks. Newly refurbished hence very clean and bright. They offered a quite room at the rear. The room was clean and had a very comfortable bed.
Everybody offers free Wi-Fi these days. Travelodge charges.
Travelodge charges extra for breakfast which is fine but the food is mediocre. It was convenient for me to eat before leaving the hotel but Travelodge needs to up it's game for a nice breakfast.
Overall, I enjoyed the hotel which is well located and newly refurbished.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The hotel was OK, clean and comfortable and all in all good value for money. I can only regret the total lack of storage space or of a place where tio put my suitcase. The breakfast was nothing special, but for the price I paid it was to be expected. However I encountered two major problems:
1. while the room was clean when I arrived, the daily cleaning was really poor
2. On checkout I was told they could not store my suitcase for a few hours. This is the first time it happens to me to find an hotel which does not offer their guest to keep the suitcase for a few hours. I travel on public transport, so I cannot load my car and this is an essential service fro me. I don't mind pay for it, but I need the service otherwise I need to find another hotel. I simply could not go around Gloucester with a 20kgs suitcase between 10am and 4pm. In cities where there is no alternative left luggage facilities (like in Gloucester), this is an essential service, I'd say. The lack of storage after checkout was not mentioned on their website, by the way, had I know it I'd had not booked with them. Eventually, thanks to the kindness of one of the employees, and after one hour of failed attempts to find a solution for the suitcase, they eventually agree to keep it, but only as a special favour. I don't think this is right, and I will not use Travelodge again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Care at Travelodge Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear ElenaP71, we are sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your recent stay at Travelodge. Unfortunately we do not have storage rooms and we are unable to store luggage before check in or after check out in our hotels. Our housekeeping team are expected to service the room on a daily basis. Your comments will be passed to our Hotel Management team so they are able to address this and remind staff of the importance of customer care.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Absolutely faultless. Room was very clean, and bed was amazingly comfy. Ideal location for docks, and shopping at the quays designer outlet....30 seconds walk. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. And all for the bargain price of 40 quid for a double room. Would definitely stay again, and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013