“Wonderful location, fantastic hosts, friendly B&B - I can only recommend!”
Review of The Mulberry House

The Mulberry House
Ranked #1 of 22 Gloucester B&B and Inns
Flint, United Kingdom
“Wonderful location, fantastic hosts, friendly B&B - I can only recommend!”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Working in Gloucester, I used the Mulberry house on many occasions over many months and completely recommend it. I stayed in all the rooms, and although different to each other, all retained the clean, homely feel.
Keith and Jean are wonderful hosts, really friendly and helpful, having stayed at other B&Bs locally I always hoped there would be availability here! The full breakfast is excellent but if you didn't want a full breakfast there was always plenty of other options.
The location is just 10 minutes from the centre of Gloucester with the docks, cathedral, and Gloucester Quays all in close proximity.
Check out other B&Bs, but pick up the phone and book here!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Travel_Billers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayed here last week for 2 nights
Made to feel very welcome from the owners keith and jean could not do enough for us
Rooms lovely food excellent with a cooked breakfast each morning
Keith serves homemade bread and both keith and jean made their own jams
They will provide you with anything you want I would recommend this b&b to anyone
You will not be disappointed. This is their home and is definitely home from home and will be back again whenever we are near gloucester.
K&B

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Elgin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2013

From the moment that you step through the door of The Mulberry House you feel at home. So much so, that you are quite reluctant to leave. A warm and friendly welcome from Keith (the gregarious one) and Jean promises a comfortable and relaxed stay and you are not disappointed. Spacious, spotlessly clean bedroom and bathroom (no cupboard en-suites here), to the delicious breakfast with a range of options to suit everyone including freshly home-baked bread..yum.. You feel very much at home and refreshed for the day ahead. Thank you so much Keith and Jean for looking after me so well. Attention all Aussies! (and everyone else as well) Don't stay anywhere else in Gloucester. A short walk to the town centre, you can leave the car and enjoy the easy walk. I hope to return one day and would not hesitate to recommend most highly.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
kent
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Stayed for three nights from 14 -16 June. As we were booked to see two Rick Wakeman concerts in Gloucester /Cheltenham we wanted somewhere that was convenient for both places. In fact I had booked the accommodation before the concert tickets as at that time both concerts were going to be in Gloucester.

In researching accommodation it soon became apparent that Gloucester has very little choice and based on the trip advisor reviews I chose the Mulberry. We stayed in the Severn double suite, which had an ensuite shower. I do agree with a previous reviewer that the furniture is a little old fashioned but the room was clean and comfortable and Jean and Keith are very friendly hosts. On arrival we were offered a glass of wine.

The breakfasts were excellent, well cooked with plenty of choice Keith makes his own bread which was wonderful and there was home made jam and marmalade to go with it. There was also a choice of fresh fruit and cereals.

This was excellent value for money at £155 for the three nights. So I don't think you can go far wrong by choosing the Mulberry if wanting accommodation in Gloucester.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2013

This is a great B and B. The room was spacious, uncluttered and comfortable, very clean, nicely decorated. It was really lovely. The breakfast was great, and the host kindly suggested the best places I might go on my own for a drink and some food with my book - good, personalised suggestions! The location is excellent, and very very reasonable. The best thing was that it felt really private: many B and Bs, the rooms feel crowded together, but I heard no noise from any other rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Reviewer598
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I chose this place based on the reviews (it seemed like this was THE place to stay in Gloucester), and I was not disappointed. Jean and Keith are both very friendly as well as very eager to help in any way they can. I was particularly grateful for the ease with which I was able to store my bag at the house on the day of departure until my afternoon train. They are very organized with the information they supply for visitors; I really appreciated getting a good map of the town since I'm not naturally very good with directions.

Breakfast is VERY generous and delicious. The location was fabulous, both in general (just beyond the center of town) as well as for my own purposes (using the record office, a 5 minute walk away). I was also impressed with Gloucester itself. Since I was coming for research purposes I had no particular expectations of the town, but it turned out to be delightful -- and the cathedral is very impressive inside and out.

As a solo traveler, I particularly appreciated the rate -- both are double rooms, but the single occupancy rate for these rooms is about as good as anything I've come across for a smaller, less comfortable room at other establishments. I travel around the UK quite a bit and this was certainly the best deal I've ever had.

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank travelinghistorian86
Hull, England
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Stayed at the Mulberry house for 5 nights and it was like home from home. Good location only 10 minutes walk from the town centre, where there are plenty of eating and drinking places to visit. Keith and Jean offered us lots of help to find eateries that suited us and other attractions in the area.
The bedroom was large with ensuite bathroom, and had everything you would want and if not you only had to ask. Breakfast had a big selection from tea, coffee, fresh fruit salad, cerals, yogurts, toast and of course the excellent full english and all were very tasty.
Parking wasn't a problem for us but I can see how it could be.

Room Tip: Only a bath in the main bedroom