We recently stayed here at the start of November for 1 night. We regularly visit Holiday Inn hotels so we know what to expect when staying at these locations.
We arrived mid-afternoon at the hotel, and was nicely introduced by the members of staff at check-in. Our room was on the top floor, which was easily accessible by lift. The room had two single beds with wardrobe, desk and big flat-screen TV. The room had a decent view, which directly went out on to the island of the A38, couldn't hear that much road noise. Hot drinking facilities, tall mirror, hair-dryer, free WI-fi and lights above beds were provided. The bathroom was nice and clean with all the basic facilities.
The restaurant on the site 'The Bumble Bee' was great, lovely food and service.
Our sleep on the evening was very good, hardly no road noise during the night. Beds were really comfortable and the room was warm.
In the morning, we had breakfast in the main reception area, which was very busy, not enough tables for everyone. There was a shortage of cutlery, more needed putting out. They offer a wide selection of cold buffet options, with sausage, egg and baked beans for hot breakfast options. The breakfast was lovely. A suggestion would be to provide hot croissants and bacon as this would be quite popular i believe with customers.
It was a great night and service provided by the Holiday Inn team, would definitely stay here again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Gloucester South hotel is conveniently located off Junction 12 of the M5 and is close to Gloucester City Centre. The Gloucester South hotel is 3.5 Miles from Gloucester city centre and 15 miles from Cheltenham. Bristol is just 35 miles away, whilst driving to Cardiff Millennium Stadium will take one hour, for sporting enthusiasts. The hotel is adjacent to Waterwells Business Park making it ideal for visiting both local companies and attractions in Gloucester. Attractions include Gloucester Cathedral, famous for the filming of Harry Potter, and Gloucester Docks. Nearby is Cheltenham Racecourse, home of the famous Gold Cup and Paddy Power festivals. Cradled by the picturesque Cotswold Hills and ideally located in the heart of the country, the city of Gloucester offers visitors a vibrant, lively atmosphere. All guestrooms offer free Wi-Fi, and tea/coffee making facilities, with all bedroom windows opening for guest use. All rates include free parking and continental breakfast for up to two adults and two children, children stay free when sharing parents room. Vending and high speed internet kiosks are available for use in the hotel lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Gloucester South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Gloucester South Hotel Gloucester
- Holiday Inn Gloucester
- Gloucester Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Gloucester South Gloucestershire