Holiday Inn Express Gloucester South
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Gloucester
Newcastle
“Good”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on business as I do quite regularly.
Rooms are always clean. Staff always found them friendly and helpful.
Pub next door has lovely meals.
Beer garden is great in the summer.
Free breakfast is better than nothing and to be fair, there is a decent selection of cereals and pastries.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Sam G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gloucester South, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear LesleyDavies34

Thank you for writing a lovely review of the hotel following you recent stay,

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty to our brand and returning to our hotel on a regular basis.

We look forward to welcoming you back and once again meeting your expectations.

Senior Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Nice hotel, very clean, helpful staff. Good pub with excellent food next door, breakfast ok. My only complaint is a big one. We had a twin room and both beds had beautiful, very thick double feather duvets on them. Now had I been in a ski resort in winter time I would have been delighted however, this was summer time in middle England and we were both so hot we felt like we were cooking. I had to get up during the night and remove the duvet and jusr use the cover, which wasnt warm enough. Hence a dreadful nights sleep.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank keskarosie
Sam G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gloucester South, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear keskarosie

Thank you for taking the time to write an online review and providing us with your feedback following your recent stay. We pride ourselves in the customer service we provide so it's lovely to read that you found the staff to be helpful.

Thank you for providing you feedback about the duvets which I have shared with the relevant departments.

We hope you had an enjoyable stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have stayed at this hotel on several occasions. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff are friendless and efficient. We had dinner and breakfast in the restaurant and it very tasty and good value for money.

Room Tip: All rooms are accessible and comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Sam G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gloucester South, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Barbara15M

Thank you for writing a guest review following your recent stay at the hotel. It's nice to read that you had an enjoyable stay and the staff made you feel welcome to which I have shared your feedback with the team.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty to our hotel and brand and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Ulverston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is my second visit one year later. The standard was as high as ever the room clean and stocked the staff a delight to meet and the overall service excellent. Well recommended. I will be using this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sam G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gloucester South, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Alan W P

Thank you for writing a lovely review of the hotel following your recent stay. It's great to read that you had an enjoyable stay and your expectations were met to which I have shared your feedback with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel because I had an early meeting the following morning in Gloucester. Checked in late afternoon and dined/ate in the nearby pub across the car park (food is good). Nothing much to say about the hotel, few amenities, bar etc. Room was ok, but then it was £79 for the night, shower only - no bath in my room. That said, the room was tidy and the bed comfy. Tea & coffee facilities were available in the room. There was noise between the rooms and from the corridors in the night, I could hear the occupants TV and then snoring in the next room :-/ The cooked breakfast was awful, scrambled eggs were rubbery and the sausages were lacking in meat I would guess, best avoided! There were pastries, cereals, tea and coffee etc

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mark P
Sam G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gloucester South, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Mark1466

Thank you for writing a review following your recent stay at the hotel. We value all the comments we receive at this in turn helps us to improve the service we deliver to our guests, so thank you for your feedback which I have shared with the relevant departments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and meeting your expectations.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I accidentally booked the Holiday In in Gloucester instead of Cheltenham and found out only when trying to check in Cheltenham when I learned about my mistake. As I had to work in Cheltenham staying in Gloucester wouldn't have been any option. The hotel in Cheltenham immediately called the hotel in Gloucester to inform about the error but the management of the Holiday Inn Express Gloucester insisted on getting played the full 3 nights. I would have accepted one night just to cover their expences but 3 nights is a real rip-off, especially as I have stayed in a hotel of the same chain several times. Just for this behaviour I would never recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Arne B
Sam G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gloucester South, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear Arne B

Thank you for writing a guest review and leaving your feedback. I'm sorry to read of your disappointment in regards to booking the wrong hotel. I am happy to discuss this with you to which I can be contacted directly at the hotel.

We are passionate about the service we provide to our guests and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.