I arrived at this hotel this evening, after eight hours of travel, accompanied by three colleagues.
The lady at reception was less than welcoming and it took around 25 minutes to check in, despite the fact that we had advance bookings. One of my colleagues suggested that we had gone through a time warp and landed back in the 1960s!
The room is clean but old fashioned.
We went out for a meal and when we came back we found that the front door was locked from 11pm. One of our party had a code for the door but I warn the unsuspecting , bring a torch or you have no chance of gaining entrance. It can only get better......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New County hotel is a traditional building, that has been refurbished to a high standard modern interior. It is situated in the heart of Gloucester City, easily reached by the M5 and rail station is only 5 minutes away from the hotel. Relax in our chic restaurant offering modern cuisine, using fresh local produce. Celebrate in style in our magnificent ballroom. Do business in our conference & banqueting suites. Enjoy the quality experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The New County Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gloucester Best Western
- New County Hotel Gloucester
- The New County Hotel Gloucester, Gloucestershire