Booked this hotel as its on way to the Millennium Stadium (where incidentally we beat the Scottish soundly!) For the money (£30 per night through Late Rooms) I expected basic but I was pleasantly surprised by the beautifully and tastefully decorated single rooms. Beds were comfortable, bathroom very nicely fitted (although water was tepid on both mornings). Breakfast was excellent (even though finding butter and sugar was an unnecessary challenge). Didn't hear any noise from the night club?? Theres a Tesco Express opposite (which is handy for bottled water as the tap tastes horrible). Only one other thing - Room 18 has an old bathroom fan which is noisy and full of dust. Room 17 obviously also has such a problem as it kept me awake for 20 minutes when the occupants decided to have shower at 00:30. A polite request to the night porter the following evening resulted in a change to Room 19 - thanks! All in all a good location. I'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New County hotel is a traditional building, that has been refurbished to a high standard modern interior. It is situated in the heart of Gloucester City, easily reached by the M5 and rail station is only 5 minutes away from the hotel. Relax in our chic restaurant offering modern cuisine, using fresh local produce. Celebrate in style in our magnificent ballroom. Do business in our conference & banqueting suites. Enjoy the quality experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The New County Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gloucester Best Western
- New County Hotel Gloucester
- The New County Hotel Gloucester, Gloucestershire