“Shocking..!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Total lack of choice and food
Was cold, we would have been better off eating at pets at home as there was more choice of food for the animals than there was here . Seated by the window we were shocked to find more dirt and filth on the window sill than ud see on the pavement outside. If u can't clean the restaurant properly there not much hope for the kitchen. Drinks were over priced and tasted like they were watered down even then the in house koi carp looked liked they'd had enough, if u want a " all u can eat" Chinese I suggest going else where. What a let down..!!

Barry l, Guest Relations Manager at Angel Chef, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Well what can I say?! What a disappointing meal we had this evening, limited choice or rather limited Chinese choice. There were plenty of alternatives on offer - onion rings, samosas, sausages, chips, popadoms but the Chinese selection was shocking. You can't serve battered fried chicken in 3 different shapes and pretend that they are all different things!
When Angel Chef first opened there were lovely offerings such as duck pancakes to start and a chocolate fountain to finish, today I saw none of that. I walked around and around the display looking for something that appealed to me and struggled to find anything.
The food was hot enough - just. But to be honest, after we'd taken our seat by the window and I saw how dirty the window ledge was I was seriously tempted not to eat. The whole place needs a deep clean!!!
I wouldn't have stopped were it not for my daughter having picked it as the place she wanted to eat and proclaiming she was 'starving'
Wish we'd headed home and ordered a take away instead.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We visited this restraunt at about 8:30pm when we arrived the place was dead no atmosphere whatsoever. There was no food left to choose from so got lumbered with dried out spare ribs, chips and rice. The food tasted bland and there was not much choice of food at all!! After eating 1 and a half plates of food we decided to leave. And will never ever be returning! I'm surprised this restraunt has lasted as long as it has and am very surprised it's still up and running! Dreadful

1  Thank Becky91xo

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This was not good food. Would be better and cheaper just doing take away from tesco. Was not authentic, poor quality, and taste.

Barry l, Guest Relations Manager at Angel Chef, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Sir/Madam, Thank You for Your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that You believe Your experience at Gloucester fell short of expectation. Please rest assured all quality issues are addressed by the Team. We are looking at making significant changes over the summer to provide Even Better Value. As a general guide to All Diners, Please feel free to address any Immediate Concerns to the Duty Manager who is able to resolve matters on the spot. Kind Regards Barry Lee

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We used to be regulars here not any more, the food is now disgusting. Tasteless, cold, not much choice - horrible experience.