Me and my husband have travelled the length and breadth of the country in hotels. On business, family trips and couples weekends. This visit was the latter.
Well I wanted to rate this much higher. The hotel looks fantastic. The service on the whole very good.
Basics were missing however. In the bistro at dinner. Not enough water jugs to go around. The bruschetta looked great, until it was slung across the table and went everywhere. A marked difference from the great breakfast experience. Dinner was also very slow service.
Sound proofing was dire. I could hear guests either side and above. Tvs, walking and kids crying. I can live with that. But I could actually hear other guests going to, then flushing the toilet which was pretty disgusting and a first for a hotel.
It's my second night, I am drafting this at 12.45am. All I can hear is the thud, thud of disco music. Guests from a wedding outside, in high spirits, screaming and bashing on windows. Been to complain, the staff don't seem to have a grip on it.
Had breakfast by myself this morning, as we have a busy day and long drive home. My husband is catching up on sleep.
We are going home more exhausted than when we arrived. Quite an achievement. Considering we have a mix of 4 children under 8 and a hectic career in the mix. That's acheivement.
I would be furious if I'd of paid full card rate, or been here on business.
Nearby, Kings Head for food. Gloucester Quays for shopping. A bit further, Forest of Dean is fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hallmark Hotel Gloucester is perfectly located for explorers or business meetings, just 5 minutes drive away from the M5 and a short taxi journey from Gloucester train station. Within walking distance of Gloucester Golf Club and Gloucester ski and snowboard centre. The hotel has 95 bedrooms including 6 family rooms. Why not enjoy a delicious meal in the brasserie or relax within the bar and lounge. Unwind in the health club with a swimming pool, children’s pool, squash court and beauty treatment area. If you are here for business, we have meeting rooms for up to 200 delegates. The hotel also has a Civil Ceremony licence and a versatile wedding suite for up to 200 guests. Plenty of onsite parking and free Wi-Fi awaits. Plus, BT Sport is now available in the bar/lounge area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hallmark Hotel Gloucester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Gloucester Hotel Country
- Gloucester Ramada
- Hallmark Hotel Gloucester Gloucestershire