Hallmark Hotel Gloucester
US$67
US$64
Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
US$63
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Hatton Court Hotel(Upton St Leonards)
US$94
US$92
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
US$119
US$106
Hotel Ibis Gloucester(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$41
Agoda.com
Premier Inn Gloucester (Twigworth) Hotel(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Gloucester (Barnwood) Hotel(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Gloucester (Longford) Hotel(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
Travelodge Gloucester(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
US$71
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
The Edward Hotel(Gloucester)
TripAdvisor
1,799 results
All reviewsspa facilitiesspa breakdry ski slopeswimming poolsauna and steam roomcourse mealleisure clubself servicereception staffrestaurant staffrelaxing stayfood was lovelysconesdouble roomboth nightsbuffet styleshort break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 August 2011

when we first arrived felt a bit dissapointed by the location(friends had booked on our behalf) but once inside the decor was lovely and the receptionist first class. rooms were excellent. staff were superb especially peter who went out of his way to make our stay very comfortable. breakfast service good on the first morning but the next morning when it was busier queues started to form and the staff seem to lack a little guidance as waiting for coffee to far to long. the evening meal included in the price was excellent top marks to the chef.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Richard P, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2011

Thank you for your kind and helpful comments. We have looked at our structure at breakfast to help eliminate any issues at peak demand and will contine to keep an eye on this to ensure we can meet all our guest expectations - as we have done for the rest of your stay. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team.

Look forward to welcoming you back at some stage,

kind regards

Reviewed 21 August 2011

Me and my husband have travelled the length and breadth of the country in hotels. On business, family trips and couples weekends. This visit was the latter.

Well I wanted to rate this much higher. The hotel looks fantastic. The service on the whole very good.

Basics were missing however. In the bistro at dinner. Not enough water jugs to go around. The bruschetta looked great, until it was slung across the table and went everywhere. A marked difference from the great breakfast experience. Dinner was also very slow service.

Sound proofing was dire. I could hear guests either side and above. Tvs, walking and kids crying. I can live with that. But I could actually hear other guests going to, then flushing the toilet which was pretty disgusting and a first for a hotel.

It's my second night, I am drafting this at 12.45am. All I can hear is the thud, thud of disco music. Guests from a wedding outside, in high spirits, screaming and bashing on windows. Been to complain, the staff don't seem to have a grip on it.

Had breakfast by myself this morning, as we have a busy day and long drive home. My husband is catching up on sleep.

We are going home more exhausted than when we arrived. Quite an achievement. Considering we have a mix of 4 children under 8 and a hectic career in the mix. That's acheivement.

I would be furious if I'd of paid full card rate, or been here on business.

Nearby, Kings Head for food. Gloucester Quays for shopping. A bit further, Forest of Dean is fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank Busymummymoo
Richard P, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2011

Thank you for your feedback, and also your time over the last couple of days in assiting us with looking into your comments in more depth. I am glad that we now have had time to resolve this and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 20 August 2011

Great receptionist, a lovely large room newly decorated with a large bathroom, we stayed two nights and had a look around the Cotswolds, the room was spotlessly clean and the food was excellent and the staff were smashing, highly recommended Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your comments, we will be sure to pass on to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

kind regards

Reviewed 20 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at the newly refurnished Hallmark Gloucester for a 2 night break. The refurbishments were stunning with modern chic. We felt we were in a very upmarket hotel. The staff were extremely attentive and just could not do enough for us, and when we had the wrong newspaper delivered, not a problem for us, within 5 mins came a knock on the door with a charming member of staff apologising and delivering the correct paper.
Reception was particularly helpful and efficient and we were made to feel so welcome. Special reference must go, however, to the Chef. The food selection was excellent and superbly being creatively cooked and presented. Andy and Viv

Room Tip: Excellent sized rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments and indeed choosing our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards from myself & the team

Reviewed 20 August 2011

Two night stay. Room was Clean,quite large ,flat screen tv.tea/coffee maker,and every thing else you might need.so just pack your cloths. Staff are very friendly.The hotel is about 10 mins from the docks /Cathedral so you will need a car. Food was very good for the price as for service some staff need a little more training. Yes we would go back

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments and please be assured we will review them and ensure they are used in a proactive manner to assist us in moving forward with customer service delivery.

I hope we have the opportunaity of welcoming you back to the hotel.

With kind regards