Hallmark Hotel Gloucester
US$133
US$69
US$67
HIExpress.com
Hatton Court Hotel(Upton St Leonards)
US$104
  • Pool
US$113
US$99
Hotels.com
Hotel Ibis Gloucester(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$90
Priceline
US$78
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Gloucester (Barnwood) Hotel(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
US$75
PremierInn.com
1,822 results
All reviewsspa facilitiesspa breakdry ski slopeswimming poolsauna and steam roomcourse mealleisure clubself servicereception staffrestaurant staffrelaxing stayfood was lovelysconesdouble roomboth nightsbuffet styleshort break
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Was looking for a spa day outing for a group of 8-10 friends that was of particularly good value due to tight budgets from all sides. When I spotted the offer of £39 for two people to use the spa facilities and have afternoon tea I decided it was perfect!
Reception staff were very helpful over the phone (especially as I range several times during the run up to our day to increase numbers and ask questions) so thanks very much!
A few of us would have liked to have booked treatments but we left this very late and there were no spaces - we are fully to blame for this however as we were advised to book those asap. That would therefore be my advice to you if you were wanting treatments.
The day itself worked really well. Easy to find with google directions. We all signed in at the leisure reception and were given towels and locker keys. I had already checked and found that robes were not provided so we brought our own (I got as a special gift for everyone in our party!). Changing rooms were fairly busy but adequate. At first I thought pool facilities were minimal (especially if you have previous spa experiences) but it served it's perfectly as providing somewhere for us to relax and catch up with each other with a pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room as well as a few chairs around the edge. I would say that as we were leaving the pool did get busier with families so if you want complete peace then maybe this won't be quite what you are looking for.

I must say the best bit of the day for me was afternoon tea! I told bar staff that we had booked afternoon tea for 10 then we went and sat down. A short while later they brought a large platter laden with sandwiches and another laden with scones, jam and cream, brownie, flapjack, shortbread cookies. This went down a treat so thank you very much.

Overall a good day had by all but if you have had previous spa experiences don't set your expectations too high by these. After all we were looking for value for money and this is what we got:) Thanks

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Basilio_10
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed for three nights with their 2 for 3 offer. Staff were friendly, very helpful and informative. Our stay involved visiting Gloucester's historical sites, using the pool and gym facilities in the evening when we returned. The pool was busy between 4.30pm & 6.00pm but then it was during half term. We ate at the bar and also had the offer of the three course meal on the evening we arrived. Food was very good with the staff being attentive and humorous.

The room we had was comfortable and clean, on suite with TV, tea and coffee makings which were topped up daily. Great value for money, relaxed surrounding, we will look to go back there again.

Room Tip: Look to book a room from No 200 upwards the others were I think further into the hotel. Ours was in the 200's and overlooked the back of the hotel, quiet and peacefull.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carcus
Richard P, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Thank you for your kind comments, and choosing Hallmark Gloucester. It is really nice to read where the team have genuinly interacted with customers and delivered friendly attentive service, which matches the good food we serve. I hope you will be returning to us in the future when you next stay in the area.

I shall pass on your kind remarks to the team.

Richard Platts

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Just returned from a 2 night break at this hotel, with our two children (under 7) and my 89 year old grandmother. We visit this area on a frequent basis (we usually stay at the Thistle Cheltenham) but we thought we would try the Hallmark post its complete renovation (we have stayed once before, during its renovation). Although the hotel hasn't got the most attractive exterior, the internal decor is contemporary and the rooms are nice and very spacious. The staff (in particular the restaurant staff) are lovely and really made our stay an enjoyable one by accommodating our many requests! It is difficult sometimes with small children but the atmosphere of this hotel is relaxed yet professional and at every meal time our children were given lots of attention (balloons and sweets even!) We liked the fact that the restaurant opened at 6.30pm for dinner so this meant we could eat early (usually most hotels start dinner around 7.30pm) plus we had finished and were out by the time the more grown up clientele came to dine. A 3 course dinner for £20 per person was a bargain as the food was very good (duck starter was excellent) and the breakfast was brilliant (self service) but they have a wide choice of (order only) dishes at no extra charge (my 4 year old on was ordering beans on toast on the second day and my 6 year old kippers!) Also must add that the coffee at breakfast isn't the usual filter rubbish it is from the sophisticated coffee machine in the bar which for us coffee lovers was a complete bonus! The pool area is a bit basic and slightly dated in terms of changing rooms but the pool is large, clean, quite quirky in its shape/design and opens late into the evening (I think until 9.30pm.) On the second night there was a problem with the fire alarm but it was just one of those things and it was handled very professionally and to be fair was out of anyone's control (there was a fault in the system outside of the hotel's premises.) The following morning all the staff were very apologetic and breakfast was extended for those who had slept in (like us) plus we were given an extended check-out so it meant we didn't have to rush and we actually were able to get some more sleep before we drove home. To conclude from two people that have used hotels very frequently I would say to all those complainers - it is very rare to find a hotel that is a home from home (unless you are prepared to pay in excess of £130 a night outside of London) and if something is not to your liking or if you do have a request then just ask (nicely) and usually your requests will be granted and with good customer service. The rooms in this hotel are very fairly priced and we felt we got good value for money hence why we will be booking this hotel over the Thistle next time we are in Gloucester. Thanks Hallmark for a lovely stay :)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank s2011Cornwall

Thank you for your posative and detailed comments. I am really glad you had a good stay with us and will be choosing us in the future instead of the Thistle. The issue with the alarms has been fully sorted and we have had no issues since. It was nice to read how the team went the extra mile to ensure you we as comfortable and accomodated the next day.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back.

Richard

Reviewed 11 February 2012

Have regularly visited this property as it is one of my firm's chosen hotels in Gloucester. Although the hotel isn't much to look at from the outside, the inside of the hotel has a modern, contemporary feel. The rooms (although a little dark, as the walls aren't a light shade), are very comfortable - good sized table for working, nice side table and chairs for sitting.

The bed is king sized and extremely comfortable for sleeping in - it is suitably warm in the winter and I've not had a bad night's sleep there. It isn't too soft, nor hard, and have no complaints on it. Again, the bathroom is very good: bright and light, with a good sized sink and a shower with proper pressure.

The breakfast is good - nice amount of choice, good quality coffee (a must on business) and plenty of options. The only area where the hotel does let itself down in, is the dinner menu - whilst the standard is very high (for which it must be commended), the choice on the menu does feel somewhat limited, and after a few stays it does feel ever more limited.

Don't let that last negative count against the place - very happy with it and would stay there many times again.

Room Tip: If you want to access the gym, you'll need to go outdoors, so wrap up accordingly, and try and avoid a room far from reception
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Richard P, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Thank you for your regular business to our hotel and your comments, and I am glad we make you feel at home and want to return. Good point re the menu and I shall discuss with the Chef about extending our specials offering to give some variety to our regulars. The new menu has actually just gone in place last month so hopefully a few new items to go at for a while.

Kind regards

Richard

Reviewed 29 January 2012

SHOCKING DAY!

I booked a spa day at this hotel as a gift for my cousin. It was shockingly awful.
Our 'spa day' included, cold pool area, dirty complimentary towels, hair in the; sauna, steam room and changing area, as well as children running around!
The only element of cleanliness was when we observed a member of staff in the pool with cleaning fluid and a brush, scrubbing the tiles and rinsing the dirty brush in the pool! Disgusting.
The deco was dreadful, half renovated areas, for example a lovely tiled basin area in the ladies, combined with dirty floor tiles which looked like they belonged in the outdated local public swimming pool.
In addition our spa treatments were in a cold room as 'we were the first customers of the day so it wasn't warm yet!'
When we went for our afternoon tea the bar manager was heard swearing loudly at the staff.
This hotel's 'spa' resembled that of a public swimming pool desperately needing updating and cleaning. We had to go home after 3 hours as we felt so dirty we needed to have a shower. Not what one expects from a spa day.

The only redeeming aspect of this day was that we got a full refund. However, I don't want others to hope for a nice spa day at this hotel only to be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kirsty L
Richard P, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Dear Kirsty L,

I am sorry your Spa Day did not match your expectations, and your comments where applicable have been addressed. I feel your comments are not reflective on the overall service we offer, and certainly on the general upkeep of our leisure club, as is relected in previous TA comments, however I am sorry on the day in question we let you down.

Richard Platts