Hallmark Hotel Gloucester
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Ibis Gloucester(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$77
Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$55
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
US$131
US$114
Hatton Court Hotel(Upton St Leonards)
US$107
US$110
The Edward Hotel(Gloucester)
US$94
Priceline
Premier Inn Gloucester (Twigworth) Hotel(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Gloucester (Barnwood) Hotel(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Gloucester(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
US$70
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
1,804 results
All reviewsspa facilitiesspa breakdry ski slopeswimming poolsauna and steam roomcourse mealleisure clubself servicereception staffrestaurant staffrelaxing stayfood was lovelysconesdouble roomboth nightsbuffet styleshort break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Great stay... The refurb has definitely paid off. Went ther before when it was under different management and I had vowed I would not return... But when I read on line that it had recently been renovated I thought I would give it a chance.... And I am very pleased I did.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Chokomilo
Daniel G, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2012

Thank you for leaving us such fantastic feedback, it is really helpfull to learn where we have made a guests stay so enjoyable as well as where we need to improve. I hope that you will be back to visit us again very soon!

Reviewed 10 June 2012

Had a lovely 2 day break for our 26th Wedding Anniversary, the rooms are lovely but the restaurant we found a bit of a joke. Definately not 4 star service. Waited ages for wine which was just left unopened, other table ordered same wine and got totally different. Meals being delivered to wrong tables, dirty cutlery and cracked glasses. Served by very young and inexperienced waiters. I do not expect to be greeted by 'Hi Guys how you doing' when sat eating an evening meal in a 4*? restaurant, - more suitable for a burger bar. The overall restaurant experience let the hotel down. Please don't be put off, worth a visit if you have a good sense of humour and plenty of time to wait. A wonderful cheerful lady - Caroline in the bar helped make our stay enjoyable, she is definately customer focused.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Daniel G, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

I am sorry that some aspects of your recent stay with us were disappointing, your feedback is essential for us to improve our customer’s future satisfaction, thank you for taking the time to leave us this constructive review. Whilst we are a brassiere style restaurant and therefore relatively informal there is no excuse for any shortfall in our service, please contact me directly so that we can further discuss your issue.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

This hotel has had a massive refurbishment recently so all looks quite 'swish' in the Hotel, Restaurant/Bar and Spa treatment area, which is attached to the Hotel. It is important to note that the Gym, Changing Area, Swimming Pool with adjoining steam, Spa and Sauna have NOT been renovated at all so do not compare to the 'newness' of the Main Hotel in the adjoining block, and as result are disappointing as they lack 'sparkle', are slightly grungy and quite basic. The gym/pool/squash is for use in addition to local residents so that is important to point out. The staff at the Gym are perfectly pleasant, friendly when encouraged, and it is equipped with enough equipment to maintain fitness, however, some guests might be disappointed if this is compared to the overall quality of the Hotel, and might feel mislead if they were booking a "spa break".
Rooms are clean, new, modern, everything working, well equipped, set out professionally for hotel use (e.g. black out curtains that over-lap and do not let any light in etc) and cleaned to a good standard.
Front of house Staff are kept busy, and make every effort to be polite, try hard, and maintain a professional attitude, and accommodate as quickly as possible any requests. This was appreciated and noted.
Restaurant food has plenty of choice, and again, staff work really hard (it was a very busy and full weekend) and try really hard to deliver a professional service and make sure guests are happy with everything.
If I had to look for 'minor faults/quibbles' I would point out that the telephone booking took some time, I was transferred to Head Office by mistake, I had to chase to get my booking reservation number so i could feel at full peace that the reservation had gone through, check out was quite slow, and it took 20 minutes to be served even a refreshment in the evening meal slot that we pre-booked. Again, when I requested service, this was given very willingly.
It is important to note that staff try hard and work hard, and perhaps could be better supported by better training and having more colleagues to help in busy times such as half term weekends etc.
All areas appeared family friendly, disabled access was possible, and as we booked a special package/deal we were very pleased that we had got good value for our money and would happily return if a similar deal became available. We did agree that if paying full price for the room and food, then for the room and bed quality, and food quality with service, we might have felt less satisfied overall and might be tempted to look elsewhere in the future should we return to the area.
NB: The drive to the hotel does take you through Council Estate Housing, as read in other reviews, however the hotel itself is perfectly green and pleasant once in the grounds.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room when we booked, and were successful so very happy. Room 120 was on the Ground Floor, on the right hand side of a long corridor, so facing away from the front area of the hotel, and i think next door to staff sleeping room so very quiet indeed.
1  Thank buck_stephen

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your detailed and constructive feedback. I t is fantastic to learn that over all you were satisfied with your stay and we appreciate your points that will help us to improve in the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

First and formost please all note the hotel deco, atmosphere and surroundings are excellent. None customer facing services are excellent e.g. making of room, friendly when you bump into them, leisure centre staff. Unfortunately that cannot be said about the front desk and resturant staff ! I will stop here because i was assured it was a one off.

Would definately go back for accomodation but wont pay to have breakfast , lunch or dinner there.

Room Tip: Beautiful rooms but if you are a light sleeper, avoid 20*'s floor. I am not sure if its a hotel thing but you can hear heater going on and off EVERYTIME someone in either room washed, flashed or was in the shower. Also, if you are big on using the leisure activities, you might want to ask for rooms on the side where you dont have to pass the reception (a busy one) all wet if you prefer to shower in the room than in the gym showers.
2  Thank NeoForever
Daniel G, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

I am sorry that you stay was not totally enjoyable, I assure you that this is not a level of satisfaction that I consider acceptable or I believe consistently achieve. I do hope that you will contact me directly so that I can discuss any specific issues.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

hotel was nice room but meal let it down. Waiting 20 minutes for somebody to take order for food and drinks, then another 15 minutes for drinks to arrive even though not that busy. Basic hotel maybe little over rated and get better value for money somewhere else.

3  Thank sjones740

It is disappointing to learn that you stay was not up to our usual high standard. Please contact me directly so that I can investigate and address your concerns. Thank you for taking the to leave your feedback