My friend and I, both over 50, take advantage of many offers for days at various spas. Having now visited in excess of 30 venues we feel we are fairly well placed to review.
The Hallmark Hotel is a low average but in all fairness was very good value at the £17 for 2, including afternoon tea!
The venue itself is a 70's bland, practical building, which is badly signposted en route, and difficult to find.
On entry, the band of receptionists were, obviously, fed up with redirecting people to the "spa" area. They were "over" polite and the smile spoke volumes!
The assistant manager of the spa was extremely enthusiastic and tried very hard to impress the clients and, probably even harder, to impress his staff. With a very loud voice he wanted everyone to know he was the manager. He will mature given time.
We had to ask for a towel and he kindly waived the £1 fee. The pool was a good temperature and the jacuzzi, pleasantly warm. The layout was interesting but dated and only 1 set of steps into a 1.39 metre pool. I could not rest with my feet on the bottom anywhere in the pool.
Although it is mid-summer the changing area outside of the pool, was chilly. The sauna and steam room were adequate.
There is nowhere to spin a wet swimsuit and you need to take a robe. Another lady asked for a robe but it smelled of cooking. The whole area was fairly clean but dated.
The afternoon tea, taken in the restaurant area of the hotel, was well prepared and delicious.
To be a bit picky, the sandwiches had spent a long time in the fridge, but the service was charming.
This was excellent value for the money we paid but I would have been disappointed if I had paid full price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hallmark Hotel Gloucester is perfectly located for explorers or business meetings, just 5 minutes drive away from the M5 and a short taxi journey from Gloucester train station. Within walking distance of Gloucester Golf Club and Gloucester ski and snowboard centre. The hotel has 95 bedrooms including 6 family rooms. Why not enjoy a delicious meal in the brasserie or relax within the bar and lounge. Unwind in the health club with a swimming pool, children’s pool, squash court and beauty treatment area. If you are here for business, we have meeting rooms for up to 200 delegates. The hotel also has a Civil Ceremony licence and a versatile wedding suite for up to 200 guests. Plenty of onsite parking and free Wi-Fi awaits. Plus, BT Sport is now available in the bar/lounge area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hallmark Hotel Gloucester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Gloucester Hotel Country
- Gloucester Ramada
- Hallmark Hotel Gloucester Gloucestershire