“Fantastic Stay”

Hallmark Hotel Gloucester
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Gloucester
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Hotel was good, clean, well looked after. The best part of my visit though was the service, it was great to be so well looked after. Thought it was going to be a bit generic but the team made my stay very enjoyable. Stayed with family and would definetley go back.

Room Tip: We stayed in a family room which was very nice.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 January 2013

I booked a spa day for myself and husband at the Hallmark Hotel through a spa company. After reading on the website and looking at the photographs. I decided to book a spa day at this hotel. The company I booked through were fantastic and this was the 4th booking made through them, but my first at this hotel. I usually book the Cheltenham Chase, which is wonderful.
On arrival we were impressed, the reception area and bar/restaurant could not be faulted. Also the staff were very friendly. We were directed to the Leisure reception, and again the staff were friendly. We had our treatments. However the treatment rooms could be updated (artexed walls are outdated). After the treatment we asked about a relaxation room and was told they do not have a relaxation room, but could sit in the bar area or on the loungers by the pool.
The changing rooms were like being at my local leisure centre. The pool area needs updating, I understand the hotel was updated a few years back, but the pool facilities were obviously left. I will be informing the spa company as on their website it gives the impression that the whole hotel including pool had a complete refurbishment.
I have visited a few hotels and used their facilities and compared to them the spa and pool area at the Hallmark are under par

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MissChatterboxWales
Daniel G, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts following your recent visit, I am pleased that you found some positives to your stay and would suggest that you contact me directly so that I can investigate your concern’s in relation to third party advertising.

Reviewed 4 January 2013

This was my second Christmas visit to this hotel having stayed the previous year. Everything was wonderful again - except still no drying machine for swimming costumes in the leisure centre. The leisure centre was open for longer hours this year and I really enjoyed the pool when the "lazy river" was turned on. Great food and entertainment. The temperature in the bedroom was just right. It was nice that the Christmas package was slightly different from the previous year - for instance sherry on Christmas Eve afternoon, the bar/lounge area located in the Merlot Suite. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: There is no lift - there are ground floor rooms but there are stairs up to the bar and restaurant.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for the fantastic feedback, it was a pleasure looking after your party and we sincerely hope to see you again next Christmas if not sooner.

Reviewed 2 January 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Hallmark for one night on business; the hotel was clean, modern and comfortable.
Bar and restaurant staff were friendly and very helpful and food and drink was very nice and priced as you would expect.
Ignore any bad reviews regarding the hotel itself - no cause for concern from where I was standing.

I will be back again, no problem.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for the constructive and generous review, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you back with us again very soon.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

We stayed here inbeetween Xmas and New Year. Found the staff to be excellent very helpful. The Hotel rooms very nice, clean and had everthing you could want. As for the spa area it was in need of a good clean. The changing rooms were dirty and lockers broken and needed decorating. The pool area was dirty pool looked clean but the Jacuzzi was in need of empying and scrubbing. Went in the sauna and got talking to a guy who has been using the gym and spa for ten years and he said its never been painted or up dated in all that time. The towels are threadbear and needed binning. I had a mini pedicure, well what can I say!!! I was so disapointed all I got was my feet wiped with a hot towel and a quick file of my nails then very badley painted. As this was in my package for weekend I couldnot be bothered to complain.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Daniel G, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your constructive feedback following your recent visit to the Hallmark Gloucester. I am pleased that you enjoyed some aspects of your stay and apologise for any shortfall you experienced in cleanliness.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

My self and husband got married here in August and as it was his birthday what better way to celebrate his birthday is the place we celebrated our wedding. We stayed here with friends and it was a brilliant stay. Staff were excellent, we had a meal in the restaurant and nicki who looked after us that evening was fab, she was nice and helpful so thank you. Kristina thank you for bringing out the birthday cake at the end of the meal which our friend organised when he arrived. It was a lovely evening and stay thank you to everyone at the hallmark gloucester once again.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

It was a pleasure to look after you all again, thank you for the fantastic and specific feedback, it is great to learn when a team member exceeds expectations. We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 27 December 2012

Having stayed here last christmas (2011) my wife & I choose to spend christmas here again.
We are so impressed with the hotels fresh look cleanliness feel, along with it's super staff! who are very polite & willing to go that extra mile.1st class customer service.
The food was lovely as was the breakfasts on both days.
The swimming pool & spa is a winner for us.
This was our fourth stay at the hotel and are booked to stay here again in January! Can't wait.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Daniel G, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post this excellent feedback, it is always a pleasure to look after your party and we truly appreciate your positive feedback, it is great for the team to learn when they are getting things right as well as where we can improve. I hope you will be back to see us again very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gloucester
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall Hotel
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall ...
#1 of 2 in Upton St Leonards
#2 of 2 in Upton St Leonards
Hotel Ibis Gloucester
Hotel Ibis Gloucester
#3 of 21 in Gloucester

Been to Hallmark Hotel Gloucester? Share your experiences!