Stayed at the Hallmark Hotel for a weekend Spa break early August as part of the Summer Hotel/Spa package for two... checked into hotel at around 4pm first day, easy check in with lovely, friendly staff. Got to room - was clean, gorgeous decor and photos, nice size tv and extremely clean. Got changed and headed down to the pool for a spot of relaxing.. friendly lady at swimming pool enterance who provided us with towels and told us where we were to get changed into swimming clothes. Lovely large pool area with fancy Jacuzzi bath in centre. Grabbed a comfortable deckchair and headed to Jacuzzi. Lovely and deep - very relaxing and big in size so no worries about being squashed next to people you don't know! Then had a swim, clear waters that didn't smell too much of chlorine! All in all, a lovely pool area to relax in. Headed back to hotel room for a shower, and straight down to dinner. As we had package, dinner wad included - to our suprise, we were able to order from the normal menu and not limited in any way. Chose fishcake and prawn cocktail starters, both had shoulder of lamb for mains and sorbet and apple/blackcurrant crumble as dessert. Every course was mouthwatering! Absolutely delicious. The lamb was the nicest I have ever tasted - meat was juicy and just fell off the bone! Relaxed in room for the night - was a little warm but after asking reception for a fan, it was comfortable. Woke in the morning after sleeping on the most comfortable bed with softer than air pillows, we headed down to breakfast. Fantastic range of breakfast items along with a varied range of various teas - all food was clean and looked appealing and tasted even better! We then went down to spa to have our Back Neck and Shoulder massages. Were booked in for 10am and went straight in - our masseurs introduced themselves and were very friendly and warm. Massage was gorgeous - just the right pressue and was so relaxing! My only complaint would be that it didn't last long enough! .. reluctantly checked out at 11am and staff at reception were once again friendly and approachable. Overall, hotel was clean and comfortable and staff friendly, spa was also clean and relaxing, pool was large - overall stay GREAT value for what you get! Would happily recommend hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing getaway even if only for a day visit! Facilities and staff top notch - can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The boutique Hallmark Hotel has a lot within its stylish contemporary walls. An awful lot. For starters there's the 95 rooms and suites, all clean modern design with a mix of bold colours and earth tones, richly patterned carpets and good beds. Then there's our acclaimed brasserie. The rather good team of chefs alchemizes fine seasonal ingredients into a menu embracing both classic British and European dishes and Moroccan specials. Small wonder it's a favourite of locals as well as guests. Naturally, you may well wish to burn as well as devour calories. You're in the right place. As well as glass-backed squash court and excellent gym with fitness kit, we've an inviting pool (and another for children), steam room and sauna, as well as a beauty treatments facilities where highly trained therapists work wonders for the body and soul, with everything from stress busting Swedish Massages to Detoxifying Body Wraps. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Lastminute and Priceline so you can book your Hallmark Hotel Gloucester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Gloucester Hotel Country
- Gloucester Ramada
- Hallmark Hotel Gloucester Gloucestershire