My husband and I and two friends booked in for a New Year's Eve package which was to include a "Gala Dinner". The hotel itself is warm and comfortable. The staff are very good. The afternoon tea we had on arrival was excellent as was the breakfast next day. However, the evening got off to a bad start with a champagne reception in a room far too small to accommodate all the guests. By the time the door to the main room was opened, everyone just barged in to get away from the crush. We were seated at round tables of 12 guests and I think too many tables had been put in the room as it seemed very crowded. The starter was poor, the main course worse - individual Beef Wellingtons with very sparse vegetables. Far too much pastry for my liking and no gravy. The sweet was a choux pastry with marsapone cheese - too sickly. The cheese course was also sparse. The noise from the DJ was so bad, we left the room after the cheese course and retired to the bar where it was lovely and quiet. Why he felt he had to keep shouting at us is beyond me. The band was too loud for such a small room. Why people feel that a disco/band has to be so loud as to make conversation impossible is beyond me. We have decided that next year, we will stay at home!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hallmark Hotel Gloucester is perfectly located for explorers or business meetings, just 5 minutes drive away from the M5 and a short taxi journey from Gloucester train station. Within walking distance of Gloucester Golf Club and Gloucester ski and snowboard centre. The hotel has 95 bedrooms including 6 family rooms. Why not enjoy a delicious meal in the brasserie or relax within the bar and lounge. Unwind in the health club with a swimming pool, children’s pool, squash court and beauty treatment area. If you are here for business, we have meeting rooms for up to 200 delegates. The hotel also has a Civil Ceremony licence and a versatile wedding suite for up to 200 guests. Plenty of onsite parking and free Wi-Fi awaits. Plus, BT Sport is now available in the bar/lounge area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hallmark Hotel Gloucester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Gloucester Hotel Country
- Gloucester Ramada
- Hallmark Hotel Gloucester Gloucestershire