A couple of nights here as a business traveller and whilst the venue is ok, it's not enough to attract me back. The nice parts are the bar and restaurant area, less good is the attention to detail and albeit temporary, the building site in the car park.
The rooms are comfortable and tranquile, there are lots of stairs and garish carpet to overcome to reach the ones to the rear - though. The room fittings are a little aged, especially the bathrooms. Wifi is available, but it's patchy and not rapid. The tired looking bathrooms compensate for the more modern dining areas, although the tables and chairs in the bar looked a little tattered and tired. On more than one occasion cutlery and crockery was found to be unclean.
The impact of the housing estate being built right next door was noticeable, with a dir car park and builders vehicles to navigate. Tis will conclude I presume in the summer, but I believe more should be don to shield/screen this area off. I was disappointed by the breakfast, the back and black pudding were burnt/overlooked because they had been left too long in a too hot terrine, the scrambled egg was solid for the same reason and a personal pet hate is that the egg was next to the baked beans, with the inevitable invasion of the bean tra across in to the egg - yuk!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The boutique Hallmark Hotel has a lot within its stylish contemporary walls. An awful lot. For starters there's the 95 rooms and suites, all clean modern design with a mix of bold colours and earth tones, richly patterned carpets and good beds. Then there's our acclaimed brasserie. The rather good team of chefs alchemizes fine seasonal ingredients into a menu embracing both classic British and European dishes and Moroccan specials. Small wonder it's a favourite of locals as well as guests. Naturally, you may well wish to burn as well as devour calories. You're in the right place. As well as glass-backed squash court and excellent gym with fitness kit, we've an inviting pool (and another for children), steam room and sauna, as well as a beauty treatments facilities where highly trained therapists work wonders for the body and soul, with everything from stress busting Swedish Massages to Detoxifying Body Wraps. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Lastminute and Booking.com so you can book your Hallmark Hotel Gloucester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Gloucester Hotel Country
- Gloucester Ramada
- Hallmark Hotel Gloucester Gloucestershire