Having just returned today from 'my partner' having spent a load of money for a family get-together, Saturday to Monday, 3 rooms all dinner bed and breakfast, (not just a few pence). We were disappointed to find our shower head rail came straight out of the wall when the shower was used, the loo role holder was very loose too. No air con in the room or fan connected in the bathroom.The other 2 rooms seemed to have been ok.
Food very good but waiting staff had no idea what they were delivering to the table, we had 2 members of staff who just stood by the table and looked at us untill we asked what they had. On both nights a wrong meal was delivered and one member had to wait for the right meal to arrive.
On the saturday, we all went to the pool, only to find every bed or chair covered in towls and nobody using the furniture. After about 20 minutes a number of ladies reclaimed to the towls and left the pool, so why were the towels over beds? The towel owners were in the sauna or bubble area, there really should be an area for leaving towels or some person on duty to stop the bagging of beds and not using them.
Saturday night there was a party in The Boardroom, not only is this room next door to bedroom 102 and within noise disturbance of most of the 100 even number rooms, but with no aircon in the party room the ladies had all the windows open and at one point were standing up high in the open windows making a considerable amount of noise. On a saturday night at 12.15 we had to ring reception and ask them to do something about the noise, not accepable .... why does a hotel have rooms used for parties NEXT to bedrooms. So out of order.
This was a nice break away with the family, but it could have been amazing. It is a well placed Hotel for both Gloucester, visits to Slimbridge and Cotswold area activities. The food is good, beds are comfy but the rooms are not the star rating it has been given. A bit more work on staff training and room quality might make the differance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hallmark Hotel Gloucester is perfectly located for explorers or business meetings, just 5 minutes drive away from the M5 and a short taxi journey from Gloucester train station. Within walking distance of Gloucester Golf Club and Gloucester ski and snowboard centre. The hotel has 95 bedrooms including 6 family rooms. Why not enjoy a delicious meal in the brasserie or relax within the bar and lounge. Unwind in the health club with a swimming pool, children’s pool, squash court and beauty treatment area. If you are here for business, we have meeting rooms for up to 200 delegates. The hotel also has a Civil Ceremony licence and a versatile wedding suite for up to 200 guests. Plenty of onsite parking and free Wi-Fi awaits. Plus, BT Sport is now available in the bar/lounge area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hallmark Hotel Gloucester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Gloucester Hotel Country
- Gloucester Ramada
- Hallmark Hotel Gloucester Gloucestershire