“kirk and alison”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“kirk and alison”
Reviewed 24 August 2011

i have to give credit to kirk and alison,i stay at alot of hotels all over the uk with my job and i have never seen 2 people work so hard they were dealing with so much with what seemed to be none or very little staff, me and other guest's were talking within the dining area about how much of a credit these 2 hard working people are. as for the room it was very modern and had a spaceship type of bathroom, food was good. a very nice hotel to stay in. would stay again.

Room Tip: speak to alison or kirk
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Nicolamoir, Manager at Hotel Ibis Gloucester, responded to this review, 31 August 2011
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and kirk and myself apreciate your kind words. We hope to see you again in the very near future. Kind regards, Alison Rawse Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Stayed at this busy hotel on a saturday night as a stop over on the way to South Wales. I've stayed at a number of Ibis hotels on the continent, and have never had any problems. If I'm ever after a stop over hotel en route somewhere, 99% of the time I'd choose Ibis.

I won't choose Ibis in Gloucester again though. The rude, disinterested check-in staff gave us gave conflicting information about breakfast, and a room which hadn't been cleaned. They immediately changed the room (quite matter of factly, and didn't apologise for the dirty room). The room we were given had the previous occupants empty bottles in the shower. Not a huge problem, but pretty sloppy for Ibis. I didn't bother mentioning it because I really couldn't be bothered to deal with the check-in staff again.

On the plus side, it's easy to get to and the bed was comfy.

Ibis hotels are usually great, this was not the usual standard. Next time I'm on the way to South Wales I'll stop elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Nicolamoir, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Gloucester, responded to this review, 15 August 2011
I’m sorry we failed to live up to your expectations. The team and I at Ibis Gloucester appreciate your feedback, this is not our normal standard of service and we are addressing the issue. Please feel free to contact me direct at the hotel should you wish to discuss this further. Kind regards, Nicola Moir, General Manager
Yorkshire
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I can't make any complaints. Paid the basic rate - incredible value. Room small but big enough. Bathroom fine. Clean and functional. Staff great. You couldn't get better value for money, I have no complaints at all. Thanks to the girls on the bar and reception - all great. I would def recommend.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. . We look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Gloucester. Kind regards, Nicola Moir General Manager
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Booked a last minute room at this hotel and got a great last minute room rate on the Ibis website. The hotel is modern, clean, staff were efficient. Situated on the A 417 into Gloucester so good access to motorway. Little by way of grounds around the hotel, but excellent parking - good for business stays. Didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment on food or beverage services. All in all did what it said on the tin.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to Ibis Gloucester very soon. Kind regards, Nicola Moir, General Manager
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I stayed here for one Saturday night. The hotel looked to be brand new, and room was clean and well appointed. There is plenty of free parking, although the hotel was difficult to find since the road isn't yet recognised by SatNav, and there are no physical signs from the main road, but this is easily fixed. The service for both food and check-out was rather slow. Overall, the price paid, I have no real complaints.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and have taken your comments on board. My team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Ibis Gloucester and hope we can be part of your future travel plans. Kind regards, Nicola Moir General Manager
U.K.
Reviewed 29 July 2011

This is an ultra modern hotel ideal for a short stay. We overnighted here on our way back from Cornwall. The reception staff were efficient and friendly and we were quickly in our room. This was smaller than the rooms we have stayed in at Premier Inns and Travel Lodges but it was spotlessly clean and very new. The shower was' pod' style and again spotless.
We ate breakfast in the restaurant . This was buffet style and so much better than that provided by similar budget chains.
There is ample parking .Access is off a busy dual carriageway but the hotel was easy to find. It is out of the town centre and there is very little near the hotel in the way of shops or eating places.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at Ibis Gloucester. I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel in the near future. Kind regards, Nicola Moir, General Manager.
Uxbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Had a good time in Gloucester. Hotel is located on the outskirts of Gloucester but easy drive to the Cathedral and the Quays. Hotel looks new, paid £59 for the night and found it good apart from the fact that the Internet connection in the room is expensive.
Food is above average.
Nice receptionist.

• Stayed July 2011
So glad you had an enjoyable time at [Ibis Gloucester! We very much appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon. Kind regards, Nicola Moir, General Manager.