Hotel Ibis Gloucester
US$79
US$77
US$148
US$95
Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
US$79
The Edward Hotel(Gloucester)
US$95
US$85
Priceline
Premier Inn Gloucester (Twigworth) Hotel(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
US$77
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Gloucester (Barnwood) Hotel(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
US$83
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Gloucester (Longford) Hotel(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
US$84
Travelodge Gloucester(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
US$70
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
1,219 results
All reviewsbathroom podpetrol stationfree wifiplenty of parkingdual carriagewaybudget hotelsexcellent valuebuffet breakfastwould stay againmain roadovernight stopbed was comfortableshort staybusy roadtown centreone night staygood nights sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I booked this hotel including breakfast for just over £43. For 2 people that is an excellent deal. The decor is a bit plasticky and bright but it is clean. We found the beds to be very comfortable and rooms clean and functional, which given the price was surprising. The breakfast buffet was ample and included a good selection of hot and cold food. Don't expect any luxuries, but given what I paid I would happily recommend the hotel. It's a bit out of the city, so don't expect any amenities nearby.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Nicolamoir, Assistant General Manager at Hotel Ibis Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stayed 3 nights ... book well in advance and you will get a great rate (especially when you see the arrive on the night rate). Ask for a room not on the road side - II changed rooms the noise goes through the closed window. Beds are great and shower spacious. If you are checking out early you may have to shout to find someone. Overall very good value if you book early - very clean and cared for

Room Tip: Not road side
Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

"Thank you for your feedback. We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness and we will make sure that reception is well attended .

Reviewed 21 December 2013

This Ibis gets most things right.
Where it is let down is on its breakfasts - £7.95 for a bowl of cereals seemed a bit much, given that the English breakfast was (yet again) pretty close to a disaster.
However, it is quiet, it is clean, is close to the city centre, has regular bus services to the city and to Cheltenham, and beds that are surprisingly comfortable.
Of course, if you have one of their Acord cards, booking on the internet is a no-go: what's more, as the fellow on reception told us, you pay more for the privilege of doing it any other way than by going direct to Ibis.
While we were there last week prices ranged from £29 a night to £60+. We paid £31 a night - but got no Acord benefits - presumably because we were disloyal!

Room Tip: Ask for the view to Chosen Hill.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis Gloucester. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about breakfast, which we have since [addressed to the Food and Beverage Manager.
If you do have issues to book on our website please contact me direct and I will gladly explain you how to get the Best Rate Available and the Accor benefits for being Loyal.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Stayed for two nights and the hotel was probably more than we expected
Totally adequate and most importantly a clean and comfortable room.
From the window we could see the Cathedral and distant Malverns plus nearby the start of a major local building development - guess Basil F might have retorted "Did you expect to see the Hanging Gardens of Babylon"
Well of course not in such a convenient locational spot for visiting Gloucester and at a very generous price.
Parking facilities very good
We had no complaints of the trad English breakfast offered and a bonus on both mornings was the lovely company of the visiting GB synchronised swimming youngsters.
So scraping the barrel to find a complaint -- how about a couple of designer hooks behind the room door to hang the winter coats?
Super staff Super hotel Can only say for a short stay with a luxurious roof over your head -- highly recommended

Room Tip: Request our room -- everything completely OK Sorry can't reecall which one Probably most are the same
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Nicolamoir, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel ibis Gloucester, my team will be happy to hear your loevly comments. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Nicola Moir General Manager

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Some people might like the décor. I suppose it is like Marmite, some people love it and some people hate it, well I hate this hotel.

The minimalistic modern décor is very bland. It doesn't feel cosy or comfy at all. A bit like a 1960s science fiction film's view of the future. Bright colours, modern furniture from a cheap copy of IKEA , wooden floors . The en-suite of a separate "pod" in the corner of the room. The walk-in shower was quite roomy and this was the only good thing about the whole experience.

The buffet breakfast was only OK, the cooked breakfast was being kept warm and look as if it been there a while. I didn't take a chance! The evening meal offerings were not much better, I risked pizza, which was OK. Others had warmed up microwave meals that were still frozen.

The TV in Ibis are ridicules. They have a silly menu system to try and sell movies or internet access. It takes a long time going through the menu to actual watch TV!

Anyway, the TV did not work in the first room. After an hour waiting while the staff "reset" the TV from reception, they came up to have a look. "Oh yes, it is not working" Yes, I am an Electronic Engineer, I can use a TV remote! They moved me to another room. The TV wasn't working in this room either! On to my third room! An hour and half of my life I will not get back.

Do not stay here. I will not be!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank UK_Travel_Guide
Nicolamoir, Manager at Hotel Ibis Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience of the hotel. Please feel free to contact me to discuss further. Kind regards, Lionel Lloret Manager