“Ibis Gloucester”

Hotel Ibis Gloucester
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Gloucester
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Reviewed 3 February 2014

booked two rooms, both were filthy. In one of the rooms there were still crumbs and tea staind on the bedside shelf from previous guests, as well as hairs in the shower. In the other room someone had clearly thrown a cup of tea/coffee at the wall as the stain was still up the wall, across the ceiling and in the light fixture. Both rooms had a line of mould around the bottom of the wall. Breakfast was also appalling, the muffins were crispy due to clearly being several days old, the Orange juice had not been filled, so was totally empty and the staff were very ignorant. I wouldn't stay again if they paid me.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank freqnthols
IbisGloucester, Manager at Hotel Ibis Gloucester, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter. Please feel free to contact me to discuss this further.

Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Really nice hotel, good location however slightly out of town (£8 each way in a taxi to the docks). Room has everything we needed, it was quiet and the bed was comfortable. I would stay again quite happily.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Nicolamoir, Manager at Hotel Ibis Gloucester, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you very much for your nice review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Ibis Gloucester. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a bargain rate. Room was clean, bed was very comfortable and shower was great. Nice and dark too, none of those annoying lights from smoke alarms etc or light seepage under the door. Free wifi and free parking too. The bar and restaurant areas are very basic, functional and very brightly lit so we asked the Reception to book us a taxi to pop into nearby Gloucester. The taxi driver recommended a Nepalese restaurant which was great. We were impressed with room and friendly, helpful staff, would recommend.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Many thanks for your kind review. I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable.
I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards

north wales
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We have just returned from a weekend stay. We booked a twin room with our dog and paid £5 per nite for the dog to stay. The room was spotless and like other recommendations, we booked a room overlooking the car park as it is quieter. The parking is free. We were on the first floor. The pod bathroom has a very generous shower with plenty of room. Everything you can need including a hairdryer. Room small but big enough for a few nites stay. We had breakfast on both mornings for £7.95 and it is definitely worth it. Cereal, Danish, croissants, drinks, juice and bacon, sausage, beans, scrambled egg, mushrooms, has brown, toast fruit and yogurts. Served as a buffet and all very hot - good value.
We met a very nice lady called Libby who loved our dog and we were made to feel very welcome.
The hotel is outside Gloucester but only 10 mins to get to the centre, the rugby or the quays.
Turn left on the dual carriageway as you leave the hotel and go 5 mins along the road and you will find kfc and pizza hut. Turn right and there is a table table restaurant and a sainsburys.
**** look for the signs for the coroners court as this is opposite the hotel and is signposted. ******
We will definitely go again as excellent value. worth a trip !!!!

Room Tip: get a room facing the car park
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Many thanks for your kind review.
I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

There is no doubt about it this hotel is in a perfect position spotlessly clean and the staff are very friendly but ....
from the road you can see the sign for the Ibis which clearly says in lights from £29 per room, when you drive up to the hotel the sign in front of the hotel says £55 per room,
at reception I said I was interested in the £29 room , I was told they don't have them and they couldn't tell me when they would, so I can't book one!
False advertising ? Where are these mythical rooms? How do you get one ?
Oh by the way I booked on line and got the room for £46!
I stayed here at christmas as well and the room then was £33!
Do they pick the price out of a hat?
heaven knows ! !

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis Gloucester. I have noted your comments about the price. Ibis Hotels operate a flexible pricing policy, as with low cost airlines, the price depends very much on levels demands. This Policy allows us to promote very attractive prices on some days, but prices are higher on days when there is higher demand. This usually revolves around specific events in the area. As ever from a commercial perspective, price is always subject to supply and demand. So outside we advertised our first rate From £29.00 currently available in our website see the link below. http://www.ibis.com/gb/united-kingdom/index.shtml
And in the front of the Hotel we advertise the rate of the day. I will make sure that all my team knows where to find this information in order to help our guest to find the best deal.
Should you need some help for your futur booking at Ibis Gloucester please feel free to contact me direct either by phone: 01452623650 either by email: h6900@accor.com