“Nice hotel”

Hotel Ibis Gloucester
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Gloucester
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 10 days and found it a good option to stay at for a longer period of time.the rooms are a little small but clean and tidy.The staff is nice and friendly too.Also, another added advantage is that the bus stop to go to the town centre or nearby areas is a 5 min walk from the hotel premises.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank vyoma s
Joanne G, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Madam,
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments regarding your recent stay here with us at Ibis Gloucester. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.
Joanne Green

Write a ReviewReviews (1,183)

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I usually stay at Travelodges when I am en route somewhere. This is definitely a cut above with free wifi everywhere, air cooling system, nice clean room with good mattress, nice clean bathroom with power shower and black out curtains. All in all ideal for an overnight. I only paid £29 via booking.com and that was very good value! I asked for a quiet room and got one on the fourth floor at the back with, I must say, an amazing view.
Personally I didn't think the breakfast was great but there was everything you could want. Muesli, fresh fruit salad, cooked stuff, bread for toast and more. So I suppose really it was pretty good!
I would definitely stay here again as it was so convenient and I will try other Ibis.

Room Tip: I think the rooms at the back would be quieter and they certainly had an amazing view!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay here with us at ibis Gloucester.I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and you will in our ibis family.
I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed here through work. Room a good size with everything in you could want for a short stay, restaurant food in the evening was very good. Would have given a five but the staff while all very friendly seem to have no one leading them, leading to some confusions. Also the breakfast in the morning was a bit rough compared to other hotels. Still for a 2 star hotel and the price of the stay, I think it would be very hard to beat. A couple of minor improvements would see this place competing for 4 star business and taking it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DorsetBert

Dear Sir,
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments which I am currently investigating.Please feel free to email me on h6900-gm@accor.com or alternatively call me on 01452 623650 with any further information. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Such a fantastic hotel. We pre-booked online and paid just £29 for our overnight stay but also received 10% cash back via Quidco which made it even more of a bargain!
We couldn't have been more delighted with our room - nice and quiet, pristinely clean, plenty of space and they even game us extra towels and bedding for our toddler.
The cherry on the cake for us was a late evening treat off their pudding menu... JUDE'S ICECREAM!!!!! Heaven in a bowl and very decently priced too. Couldn't be happier with the Ibis at Gloucester and we will most definitely be staying here again. Thank you Ibis :)

Stayed: June 2014

Dear Madam,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I am disappointed that you

IBIS refused to accommodate me , the customer and her family.

The say the consider my daughter an adult at 13 year old. When I said a 13 , they advised they would not allow a sofa or put up bed in the room.

When staying at Holiday inn,
they have always accommodated this simple request without any fuss or problems. Hence, I will not consider staying at Ibis.

To add insult to injury Ibis sent a further emailing saying they have debited my card with 100% of the 1 night stay even though we cannot stay because we refuse to let our daughter stay in a room on her own.

I just want to warn other parents of their ridiculous policy and their flat refusal to let me have my money back.

I did make it quite clear in my initial request that if they couldn't accommodate my daughter then they should contact me ASAP so I can make alternative arrangements. Ibis ignored this.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Paulapowe

Dear Guest,
Thank you for providing your feedback. I understand that during my absence from the Hotel your situation has been dealt with and we look forward to welcoming you to the hotel soon.
Kind regards

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Conveniently situated for my trip. Booked in advance but not particularly cheap. Staff ok but multi-tasking to the detriment of customer service. Mean with towels. Breakfast great though - all you can eat hot/cold. Had windows open because very hot and road outside quite noisy and busy at times.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vincent12089
Joanne G, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Vincent,
I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter. Please feel free to contact me on h6900-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Had a two night stay here whilst visiting friends. A newly built hotel which I found had basic facilities but very clean throughout. The bedroom flooring was wooden and the furniture was just adequate. Although on a busy main road, we found it quiet and the bed was comfortable. The buffet breakfast was not so great for the price of £7.95, with a less-than-hot breakfast selection and tea and coffee from a machine. The price paid however was very reasonable so this has to be taken into account.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dennisgee2610

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis Gloucester. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about breakfast which which we are addressing. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Kind regards,