Lowest prices for your stay
US$56
Expedia.comUS$56
eDreamsUS$56
TravelocityUS$56
1,475 results
All reviews bathroom pod plenty of parking budget hotels buffet breakfast bed was comfortable city centre overnight stop one night stay night's sleep excellent value for money tea and coffee saturday night yogurt accor motorway outskirts mushrooms
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 September 2016

Reception staff efficient and friendly. Clean room, comfy bed and pillows, quite spacious (for 2 plus a dog) and a decent (pod) bathroom and shower. All I need from a budget room for the night. Free parking and wifi. Spot on.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed for one night to break up the journey to Plymouth and at under £40 for a night I was willing to risk staying there what a great choice it was to compared to the Travelodge we stayed at in Plymouth for a similar price it was the lap of luxury.
The hotel itself is situated on the outskirts of Gloucester next to a busy bypass road which worried me at first .
We parked up in the large free car park and checked in ,the lobby itself serves as bar , restaurant and reception it's a bit soulless but clean and functional .
We went up to our room which was at the front of the hotel right next to the busy road shock horror!!!! I shouldn't have worried as even though it was 26 degrees outside the cooling unit above the door (not an A/C unit??) kept the room cool and the window could remain shut keeping the room quiet.
The bed, was super comfy we're even considering buying one , the bedding had a nice feel as well but I found the pillows uncomfortable but then I usually take my own pillows with as I'm so fussy.
The bathroom pod is a great design it's a decent size with a powerful shower all you need , reminded me of the bathroom on the ferries we travel on.
All in all the room was a good design with all you need .
We didn't have any food but the menu looked decent and well priced for a hotel , we had a couple of drinks though and it was reassuring for my wife that the lady behind the bar poured the glass of prosseco away as it was flat even before my wife could say anything.
We got the number 10 bus into Gloucester city centre the stop is at the back of the hotel and it cost £2 each and was a 6 min journey.
I would definitely stay again and would pick an ibis over other budget chains especially with a loyalty card discount and all the benefits that brings.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Joanne G, Manager at Hotel Ibis Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

Dear Mr. nielcvx,

Thank you for taking the time in writing your review on regards to your stay at Ibis Gloucester. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the ibis Gloucester, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations fully. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence. Hope we can welcome you in another occasion. Kind Regards, Liene Medvecka, Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 5 September 2016

Nice clean room . Very good reception by staff upon arrival and also during our stay . Nothing too much for them . Unfortunately the English breakfast was lukewarm with bacon undercooked , however there was a good variety of food generally available for breakfast .

Date of stay: September 2016
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Mr. Johndm56,

Reviewed 4 September 2016

Convenient location for visiting Gloucester. Free parking on site.
Talked into taking an 'accessible' room on arrival. ("We're a bit full tonight." Really? Car park wasn't when we arrived, but perhaps coaches had been & gone.) Room & bathroom proved particularly large, but shower and not bath. Also frightened of pulling red cord in the night by mistake!
Other points:
1. Musty smell in bathroom - flooring seal has failed? Reported when left (did not feel it justified requesting a change of room).
2. Towels for single guest only - but second set readily supplied on request.
3. Floor at breakfast not cleansed of food from previous evening (at least under our table) - sure no-one had rice and cocktail sticks for breakfast!
Would have rated higher, but for above points. "Your mileage may vary."

Dear WheelieSlow,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the ibis Gloucester, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence. Hope we can welcome you in another occasion. Kind Regards, Liene Medvecka, Assistant General Manager.

Reviewed 4 September 2016

just stayed the one night,pleasant efficient staff,clean room,absolute bargain price.Got a taxi to The Quays,would recommend a visit there,good pubs and restaurants.Hotel easy to find from motorway,but a bit out of town.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear prgregson,

Thank you for taking the time in writing your review on regards to your stay at Ibis Gloucester. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope we can welcome you in the near future. Kind Regards, Liene Medvecka, Assistant General Manager.