Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$56
Hotels.comUS$56
TravelocityUS$56
eDreamsUS$56
Trip.comUS$56
CheapTicketsUS$56
1,475 results
All reviews bathroom pod plenty of parking budget hotels buffet breakfast bed was comfortable city centre overnight stop one night stay night's sleep excellent value for money tea and coffee saturday night yogurt accor motorway outskirts mushrooms
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 July 2017

I stay one night, arrived around 15.00 and left the following morning at 06.00 to visit the RAF Air Tattoo at Fairford. Check in was completed quickly. Guest security is good - key card access to use the lift and room admission. The room was spacious - I had been allocated one for a couple with disabilities with additional supports in the shower room. There was the usual complimentary soaps but only one towel - although it was adequate for me and if staying more than one night would have been changed the next day. I dined out and left before breakfast so cannot comment on the food or restaurant service. Drinks were pricey - not unexpected considering the location of the hotel with no pubs or restaurants nearby. I will stay again when attending the air show in 2018.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Joanne G, Manager at Hotel Ibis Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear RobbieBStockport,

Thank you for taking the time in writing your review on regards to your stay at Ibis Gloucester. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope we can welcome you in the near future. Kind Regards, Liene Medvecka, Assistant General Manager.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights to attend the Royal Air Tattoo at Fairford. We were greeted by a lovely receptionist, who was helpful, friendly and chatty. Our room was perfectly clean, bed very comfortable and the bathroom pod was brilliant giving a really good size shower cubicle. We had 2 nights of perfect comfortable sleep. Our breakfast was lovely, with a good choice for the full English and Continental. The biggest let down was the bar and restaurant. On our first evening there we elected to dine there after our long drive down, we had to wait over 1 hour for our meal to arrive; when it did finally arrive it was luke warm. My husbands burger arrived first with my side order of broccoli and I had to wait another 5 minutes for my beef bourguignon to arrive making my broccoli cool to say the least. The burger was burnt and cold in the middle, the chips cold and hard, with the bread bun cold but burnt. The beef in mine was rubbery and very fatty, the mash cool but the gravy was tasty but again cool. Yes they were busy but no one seemed to know what they were doing: there was no organisation, they were totally disjointed. We did get an apology for our wait, but still we didn't eat there the following night, as the food was so very poor and expensive for what we had. All the staff were friendly and helpful, they just didn't look happy in their work; to me they seem to lack leadership. Would we stay again, yes.....but won't have our evening meal again, which is a shame.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Joanne G, Manager at Hotel Ibis Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear MatureYorkshireCoupl,

Thank you for taking the time in writing your review on regards to your stay at Ibis Gloucester. I was happy to read that staff looked after you well.
At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns regarding bar and restaurant and prevent future occurrence. Hope we can welcome you in another occasion. Kind Regards, Liene Medvecka, Assistant General Manager.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Just returned from staying here for two nights. For a budget hotel this did not disappoint. We were greeted by friendly efficient staff and check in was simple. The room, although basic (which is what we expected) was extremely clean and comfortable. We did not eat here, but this was only because we had made other plans,but we did have a couple of drinks each evening at the bar and again staff were very helpful and attentive. Free Wi-Fi, which to me is not the be all and end all but is to some people.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear crookyx2,

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Lovely Hotel. Rooms basic but clean and has all you need. Breakfast was delicious and good value for money. Would recommend this place for a short stop over. The town centre is about 30 minute walk away but there are a few places within walking distance to eat. Staff were very helpful as well.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Hilz00,

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I stay here quite a lot as I have friends and family in the area and it is the cheapest hotel around. It is fine for one night but not recommended any longer and certainly not the food, but then it does exactly what it says. It is showing signs of aging and needs an overhaul and there are wooden floors which you have to keep your shoes on as your feet get really dirty, but overall it is clean. Always ask for the top floor and view to back then you don't get people with high heal shoes clunking about and the noise from the road, I have always found the bed comfy but, I use to pay £35 per night so I did not mind so much, now it is getting more and more expensive because they can.

Room tip: Top floor room and view over football pitch (as quieter)
  • Trip type: Travelled with family