Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham
US$67
HIExpress.com
Hatton Court Hotel(Upton St Leonards)
US$100
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Ibis Gloucester(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
US$91
The Edward Hotel(Gloucester)
US$100
US$90
Priceline
Premier Inn Gloucester (Barnwood) Hotel(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
Travelodge Gloucester(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
US$67
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewspancake machineexecutive roombusiness parkhealth clubswimming poolnice poolleisure facilitiessofa bedthe ground floorsteam roomreception staffbreakfast was excellentevening mealforest of deandecent sizefamily roomplenty of parking
Reviewed 14 May 2012

This is a well run hotel, the food in very good value and well presented,I noticed that kids eat free although this time I was travelling on business. The bar is ok but shuts as soon as the last customer leaves 10:30 this time, so if you come back for a night cap dont expect it to be open. The rooms are a little tired and small but clean and you get a good nights sleep. The pool and gym is excellent and well equipped for hotel standards.

There is nothing really around so if you wish to eat outside you will need a taxi or drive yourself.

I would rate this hotel is good but due to the price I have rated it as average.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Arrived at the hotel at 11pm, just wanting to check into my room. Found there was no elevator, so I had to carry my bags up stairs and then found there was no wireless signal in the bedroom. Called the manager, who said that there was nothing he could do as the hotel was fully booked. This level of service may be the norm in the UK, but any Holiday Inn this bad in the US would go out of business. I am returning to this area in a month, and will definitely be staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank DylanWadol
OperationsMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I was sorry to read that your experience was not as good as other hotels and certainly not up to our usual standards.

Unfortunately I can do nothing about there not being a lift but a member of my team should have offered to assist you with your luggage for which I apologise.

Finally, I understand that you wish to stay at another hotel but I would welcome the opportunity of you coming back to stay with us again in the future when I am sure your guest experience will be much improved.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Had a weekend break at this hotel. Staff helpful and knowledgable. Excellent location for visiting Gloucester, Cheltenham and surrounding area. Rooms average for this type of hotel, but clean and comfortable. Restaurant food, and service excellent. No lift so be prepared to carry luggage up stairs, only one floor, as it is only a two storey hotel. It does have disabled access rooms on the ground floor. Pool and spa if required, treatments extra. Good car parking. Surrounding roads busy during rush hour so check your directions if arriving at certain times of the day as you will have to encounter a very busy roundabout.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are still available at this hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave such excellent feedback.

I have passed all your comments onto the relevant departments to make sure they keep up the good work that they are all doing.

Once again many thanks for taking the time to leave your comments, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed for one night on the way for a weekend in Wales, the location of the hotel was therefore ideal, only a couple of miles of the motorway.

A really good pub called The Whetstone which is well worth a visit for your evening meal, is close by.

I am a member of the priority club awards programme and am platinum member, although adivsed we had been granted an upgrade this was not to an executive room, with the only difference I could make out was dressing gown and complimentary bottle of water and chocolate bar, only there for one night so not overly concerned. The room was clean and to the normal standard of accomodation you would expect for the Holiday Inn.

The pool is of a very good size and all the leisure areas were of good condition and were clean and well kept. There is a nice area outside with tables and chairs set in a nice garden area which if the weather is nice would be nice to sit and relax in.

The breakfast was of standard buffet type, most of which was good, the only thing I would comment on is to check the eggs as they had been stood for some time and were like rubber, but I would think if you had asked for fresh they would have accomodated you.

Would I stay there again, well yes I would it was good value for money as the weekend rates are often very good and ideally situated if you are travelling.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

I am really pleased you identified some great points and I have passed all your comments onto the relevant departments to make sure they keep up the good work!

Once again thank you for taking the time to leave such Positive feedback, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We used this hotel as a stop over en-route to Cardiff, and it proved to be OK for our purpose. The hotel is situated on a business park just a couple of miles from the M5, so there is not really much to do in the area, there is however a nice pub The Whetstone about a 5 minute walk away....a good menu and a good selection of beers and wines.

We received a standard room, which was a little disappointing since we are both Platinum Prioroity Club members, our upgrade consiting of a complimentary bar of chocolate and two bootles of water. The room was however more than adequate for our needs and very clean and comfortable.

We took advantage of the spa facilities and enjoyed a swim in a decent sized pool, and a sauna.

Breakfast was fairly standard fare for this type of hotel with a good buffet selection.

In summary, I wouldnt go out of my way to stop at this hotel again, but wouldnt hesitate to use it as a staging post.