Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham
US$74
HIExpress.com
Hatton Court Hotel(Upton St Leonards)
US$103
US$100
  • Breakfast included
US$140
US$96
Hotels.com
Hotel Ibis Gloucester(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$67
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewspancake machineexecutive roombusiness parkhealth clubswimming poolnice poolleisure facilitiessofa bedthe ground floorsteam roomreception staffbreakfast was excellentevening mealforest of deandecent sizefamily roomplenty of parking
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Stayed here for two nights Thursday to Saturday. Room was executive but I think that just meant 2 bottles of water, 1 bar of chocolate per day and bath robes. Only 3 tea bags, one hot chocolate and one packet of biscuits between 2 people (bit tight I think). Room small but adequate, bathroom ok but shower head not flexible so you can't just wash your hair. Shampoo etc supplied each day was a bonus. Pillows are marked up as soft but were thin and uncomfortable. Staff very pleasant, breakfast good. Disappointed that it was only when we left that it was commented on that it was our anniversary, no special touches for that then. No free Wi-fi which I think is a must these days. Usually stay at Premier Inn and must be honest would probably go back to them in future.

Room Tip: If there are just two of you don't get a family room thinking you will have more space, there is a huge sofa bed which takes up a lot of room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
OperationsMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear Mandy Milward, I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry to hear that you felt the amenities in the executive room weren't great, I can assure you they are different compared to our standard rooms and the quantity of amenities are more. Regarding your satisfaction with the pillows we do have a range of pillow types and you can ask any member of staff who will be happy to sort different or additional pillows for you. Also, I would like to take this opportunity to make you aware we do offer free wifi to our Gold and Platinum Rewards Club members which you could take advantage of.

I take on board everything you have mentioned and will take further in the hotel where I can. I hope we can welcome you again in the future for you to see the changes we make.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

When is a manicure and a pedicure - not a manicure and pedicure - when it is in Spirit Spa at the Holiday Inn. In fact it is nail painting only.

This was very expensive day out.

Coffee very expensive and lunch takes such a long time to arrive, you are still waiting for your lunch when you should be keeping your appointment for your next treatment

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Trish01
OperationsMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Dear Trish, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am extremely sorry that you found your spa treatment of a manicure and pedicure not what you expected, I will discuss with the spa team to make it clear to the guest what every treatment includes as we have very different offerings of manicure and pedicures that range from a simple shape and polish to a super luxury treatment. I also am very sorry that you found the day expensive and there was a delay in your lunch.

Thanks again for taking the time to give us some feedback.

Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a 2 night break from Friday 28th June and checked out on 30th.
Contrary to a previous review, we found the front of house staff welcoming, friendly, helpful and professional. Scott and Gina are an asset to your team.

The rooms were of a generous size - a standard double here is much bigger than the executive family room at the Portsmouth Holiday Inn.

Breakfast was as expected. Food served at an appropriate temperature and was plentiful.

The Spirit Health Club was clean and again, the staff were friendly and happy to help.

The only area of dissatisfaction was the maid service we received on the Saturday. We had spent the day in Wales and returned at 5.30pm to find our room only half completed - the maid didn't return to complete the job either! We left a note, along with a tip, requesting an extra set of towels as there were 3 of us in the room and some extra soap and shower gel. The tip was taken, but no towels or toiletries were received. This was remedied by the head of housekeeping - who ensured she brought them to us herself.

All in all, a pleasant stay in a hotel I would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank GemmaB

Dear Gemma B, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased you found my reception team welcoming and friendly and your room to be of a generous size. However, I am extremely sorry you found the maid service unsatisfactory. I can confirm this will be discussed throughout the housekeeping team to make sure this does not happen again, but thank you for making your issue aware to us straight away whilst you was still with us as this meant the head housekeeper could solve this for you promptly and this is something we strive to achieve in the hotel.

Many thanks for your recommendation, we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

With a group have just had a few days here. A very quick check-in considering a group. I had a room for a single with a double bed, but pleased it was only for 1, not too roomy, Bathroom well lit, but no centre light in the bedroom so a bit dim, all very clean. Bedroom has iron and board, T & C and fridge air con. Main restaurant quite cool with air con on. Service could have been better with more staff needed when groups are in, as there was more than one group on our stay. One night it was very slow. BF a good choice, service a bit better then. Food OK a bit repetitive for the group. The hotel is on a roundabout near a main road, but not noisy. City centre about 3 miles away. Staff were all very friendly.

Room Tip: Think the back may be quieter, but not much heard from the trafic
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Wendy, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very happy to read that the check in was quick for you and the group, and that you found your room very clean. I am very sorry that you found the service in the restaurant in the evening very slow, but I can assure you this will be looked into in the future when we have groups in to require enough staff to run an efficient service to every one of our guests.

Many thanks and I hope we can see you and your group stay with us again.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

This seems to becoming increasingly popular as it was very busy. Staff were fine though checking in was a little abrupt, but we did arrive at wha seemed like a busy time. Generally the staff were very friendly and certainly helpful. A first floor room would be easier if there was a lift.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear D C, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased you found our hotel great value for money and my staff were very friendly and helpful. I understand you came at what seemed like a busy time but I hope this didn't affect your stay with us and that the service you got was as efficient as possible, as we do look at the amount of staff we have in at out busiest times of day.

Many thanks and I am glad to see you have stayed with us several times before, I hope we can see you again.