“Rooms in need of an update”

Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Gloucester
San Diego, California
“Rooms in need of an update”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

The staff at the front desk were very nice and accommodating. There is a free on-site fitness center which is good for a workout (cardio or weights or classes) when you are on business or vacation. This I liked very much. The rooms are a bit average in look and feel and could use a refresh - especially the bathrooms. It wasn't dirty or anything like that.

The thing that bothered me was that they expected you to pay a lot 30GBP for 3 days for WIFI - highway robbery - as it wasn't the fastest connection I'd ever experienced. I understand they will do away with this in 2014, but that's too little to late for me - who pays for WIFI anymore? Especially if you are travelling for business, it is a job requirement that you can connect each morning/evening just to do your work/email. I did try the two "public" computers in the lobby but one was not operational and the other one wanted me to pay. Not sure if the Ibis (close by) has free WIFI but it is worth a check.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear Pellaz-CA,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Regards,

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Coedpoeth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

AS a regular of Holiday Inn's I wasn't expecting anything any different from the normal good standard I'd expect from the brand. However I was pleasantly surprised at the Holiday Inn Gloucester. Staff were very helpful with a smile everywhere you went. Anything we needed was provided with a friendly face from check-in to check out. I'd certainly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
OperationsMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you for writing such a positive review and that you found our hotel to be above your expectations. I am glad you was greeted with a smile by the staff everywhere in the hotel and thank you for your recommendation of the hotel. We hope we can welcome you back again soon.
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Great service! Staff were wonderful! Met some very nice people. Hotel is modern but could use some good repairs and painting in the rooms. Shower needed minor repairing. Location is easy access to the country side. Air conditioning yeah! Surprised there was no mini frig. Not up to American standards but good for Europe.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you found the staff to be wonderful and offer a great service. We are ongoing with repairs and painting within the rooms and I will make my maintenance team aware of your feedback. In the majority of rooms we do offer a mini fridge I am sorry you didn't have one in your room. We hope we can welcome you back again soon.
United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Stayed 2 nights with family for a leisure break. Room usual high standard - clean and modern. Leisure facilities modern and up to date, same for restaurant and bar. Ideal base for a family break in the Gloucester/Cheltenham area. No complaints. Exactly what a Holiday Inn should be.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you very much for such a positive review. I am glad you found the hotel clean and modern and your room of a high standard. Your comment of 'Exactly what a Holiday Inn should be' has gave me a great sense of achievement. We hope we can welcome you back soon for another great stay.
Ceredigion, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

Very nice check in experience. Being a gold member got an upgrade. Nice large clean room. Must say that the bed wasn't that great though it was one of ones where you both end up in the middle!! Bar area was excellent with lots of comfortable seating. Bar staff were very pleasant. Bar menue good too. Recommend the fish and chips! Breakfast was pretty good with the usual foods. Very nice staff serving us. Liked it so much staying there again in two weeks!

• Stayed August 2013
OperationsMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such positive comments. I am glad you was recognised as a gold member and received an upgrade, we do this where we can and you found the room large. I am sorry you didn't find the bed to be great, we are currently in the process of changing our mattresses so hopefully when you stay with us in 2 weeks time you experience one of our new mattresses. I am pleased to hear you found the food and service very nice. We loom forward to welcoming you back again in 2 weeks time.
South Shields, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I have just returned from a 5 day stay at the Holiday Inn Gloucester, as part of a National Holidays Coach Trip. I can honestly say that this is a really lovely hotel to stay in. I really couldn't fault it. All staff were very pleasant and helpful. We were made to feel very welcome.The food was very nice too, especially the desserts ! I was particularly impressed with the breakfast selection on a morning. A pancake making machine in the restaurant! Never seen this before and it was a novelty for my son! We had requested ground floor rooms because of my mothers poor mobility and this was granted. My 14 year old son loved the pool which he used every day. I fully intend to come back to this hotel again in the future. Well done every one!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for writing such a positive review. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and you was welcomed with our pleasant staff and found the food very nice. I am glad you and your son thoroughly enjoyed the pancake machine this has proved very popular and glad your son enjoyed the pool and he used it everyday. We can't wait to welcome you back again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Check in was efficient, friendly and helpful. Hotel communal areas really clean, tidy and spacious.
We were on room only board so didn't eat in the hotel at all although breakfast sounded very expensive at around £15pp per day if it wasn't included in your room rate.
Room was clean and tidy although I must say I was both surprised and disappointed with the size of the room. It was very small with very little room either side of a double bed. Air conditioning in the room worked wonders (probably because of the size of the room) and kept us very cool and comfortable.

Overall, for the price we paid it was a reasonable, clean and comfortable 3 night stay.

Hotel is out on a commercial site but only about a ten minute drive from Gloucester City Centre and the docks.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you found check in to be efficient and friendly and our hotel was clean and tidy. I am sorry you found your room a bit small we do have many size rooms to offer. I am glad you thought the price was reasonable for our hotel and hope we can welcome you back again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gloucester
Holiday Inn Express Gloucester South
Hotel Ibis Gloucester
Hotel Ibis Gloucester
#3 of 21 in Gloucester
Hallmark Hotel Gloucester
Hallmark Hotel Gloucester
#11 of 21 in Gloucester
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall Hotel
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall ...
#1 of 2 in Upton St Leonards
Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury
The Edward Hotel
The Edward Hotel
#8 of 21 in Gloucester

Been to Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham? Share your experiences!