We needed a short break so checked into the Holiday Inn Gloucester, the good lady wife had booked a treatment or two so could we check in early, I mean VERY early! Yes, no problem so I unpacked whilst she had a back massage then amused myself in the Sainsbury's over the road when she had a facial. The room was excellent, okay the furniture looked a bit dated from its time as a THF Posthouse but it added to that charm, it was spotlessly clean, the recently refurbished bathroom looked untouched and we visited the Spirit Health Club twice! Nice pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. We visited Gloucester Quays outlet village spending about two hours in All Saints alone then went back to the hotel to get ready for a night on the town! I felt the taxi into the city centre was a bit pricey (£9.80 for a journey I'd pay about a fiver for back home) but not the hotels fault and a fun night ended with an order of two sandwiches from room service which arrived promptly, packed with filling and well worth the price + a 10% service charge which is mildly annoying. The wifi access was free due to a Christmas promotion but expect to pay £16 for a 24 hour pass at all other times. Like the pay channels on the TV do you really need it? spend some time with your nearest and dearest rather than update facebook! The staff went out of their way to make you feel at home and nothing was too much trouble! We recently stayed with a rival hotel chain and this visit ran in a bit cheaper and I'd just give it the nod of preference, will definitely be coming again and might even bring the children next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Hotel Gloucester-Cheltenham is conveniently located just off the M5 & only 2 miles from Gloucester's City Centre & 6 miles from Regency Cheltenham. An ideal location for families with our Kids Stay & Eat Free policy*. Visit the revitalized Docks area with its many shops including Gloucester Quays, restaurants & entertainment or the cloisters of Gloucester Cathedral, famous filming location for Harry Potter, or simply enjoy the cafe culture & shopping of Cheltenham. Take full advantage of your relaxing break away at the Holiday Inn Hotel Gloucester-Cheltenham by using the excellent facilities of our Spirit Health Club & Beauty Therapist. All bedrooms are fully air conditioned with all the facilities you would expect from a Holiday Inn including High Speed Internet Access, interactive TV & pay movies. We also have a number of executive rooms for that added touch of luxury & family rooms suitable for up to 2 adults and 2 children. The Academy conference & training suites are perfectly suited to your business needs. A total of 9 meeting rooms with a maximum capacity of up to 130. The Holiday Inn Hotel Gloucester-Cheltenham is also licensed to hold civil wedding ceremonies & is a great venue for a lavish celebration or an intimate affair. *Terms & Conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham Hotel Gloucester
- Gloucester Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham Gloucestershire